|Laboratory||SCS8 – Optimization and control of food production|
|Phone||+39 049 8084300|
Renzo Mioni graduated in Biology from Padua University (1976). In 1979 he obtained a permanent position as biologist at the IZSVe. From 1999 to 2006 he was head of IZSVe’s Food microbiology laboratory; then from 2007 to 2013 he has been the head of SC1 – Food microbiology. Since 2013 to present he has been the head of SCS8 – Optimization and control of food production. This laboratory provides technical-scientific support for food-safety programmes, in particular: official food and feed controls; experimental veterinary research in food microbiology; improving hygiene in food production; implementation and development of local typical food products.
Renzo Mioni has been and is principal investigator of several research projects funded by the Italian Health Ministry of Health, concerning food safety in food of animal and vegetable origin, for example: RC IZSVe 17/12: Ethnic catering and food safety: microbiological problems, adverse reactions, fraud and risk perception by consumers; RC IZSVe 19/11: Products of vegetable origin and food safety: evaluation of protocols to reduce contamination by pathogenic microorganisms in fresh vegetables; RC IZSVe 01/10: Foodservice: study of health issues, contributing to the development of microbiological limits and proposed management strategies.
He has been health inspector for EU missions in Slovenia and Bulgaria. He is member of ISS (Italian National Health Institute) working group on implementation of Regulation (EC) 2073/2005; member of Italian Health Ministry working group on alerts relating to Italian products of vegetable origin; member of regional working group to define an official regional integrated sampling plan; member of a regional working group on mountain dairy products. He is also supervisor of several theses by Padua University students, speaker in several congresses, courses and workshops on food safety and supervisor of IZSVe activities relating to hygiene education for food business operators.
- Suffredini E., Mioni R., Mazzette R., Bordin P., Serratore P., Fois F., Piano A., Cozzi L., Croci L. Detection and quantification of Vibrio parahaemolyticus in shellfish from Italian production areas. International Journal of Food Microbiology 184 (2014) 14-20
- Valero A., Comin D., Mioni R., Manfreda G., Pasquali F. and De Cesare A. (2013) Modelling approach to estimate the impact of coking treatment on the establishment of food safety objectives for Listeria monocytogenes in pork cut. Proceeding Eighteenth International Symposium on Problems of Listeriosis (ISOPOL XVIII ) 199 – 200 Goa (India ), 19 – 22 September 2013 (comunicazione orale e poster )
- Mioni R., Bordin P., Grimaldi M., Comin D., Paiusco A. In – Alterazione cromatica di alcuni prodotti caseari: il fenomeno delle mozzarelle blu e il ruolo di Pseudomonas fluorescens. XVII Conferenza Nazionale su “La sicurezza microbiologica nella produzione di alimenti per il 21° secolo “Il deterioramento microbico di alimenti e bevande: interventi di prevenzione, sorveglianza e controllo“, 31 Maggio 2011 Bologna
- Zavanella M., Ravizzola G., Mioni R., Catania S., Muliari R., Moschini L., Tosca A., Zanoni R. – Esercitazioni di Microbiologia. Fondazioni Iniziative Zooprofilattiche e Zootecniche – Brescia gennaio 2011
- Rahman M.S., Bordin P., Mioni R., Dalla Pozza M.C., Novelli E., Cardazzo B., Fasolato L. Comparison of biochemical and Biomolecular Approaches to identity Vibrio spp. in Shelfish: a preliminary Survey in Veneto Italy. Atti 22nd International ICFMH Symposium Food Micro 2010 Copenhagen
- Toti L., Durante G., Picotto P., Lena R., Delibato E., Mioni R. et al. – Microbiological aspects in vegetables food: An integrated approach for health and environment: challenges for the future. Istituto Superiore di Sanità, Rome, December 9-11, 2009. Abstract Book p. 111- 2.
- Zavanella M., Sambi V., Miragliotta L., Caroli F., Ravizzola G., Mioni R. et al – Escherichia coli: una scoperta continua. Fondazione Iniziative Zooprofilattiche e Zootecniche 2009. Brescia
- Mioni R., Comin D., Fornasiero E., Carrara G., Boffo L., Fuselli, Bordin P., Grimaldi M. Prevalenza di Vibrio spp. In molluschi bivalvi allevati nella Regione Veneto. Argomenti S.I. Ve.M.P. 2009 Aprile 2009 11 (1): 54-7
- Comin D., Mioni R., Gallocchio L., Bordin P., Maniero C. Microbiological quality and safety of rabbit meat in Veneto Region – Italy, WRSA, 9th World Rabbit Congress, Verona 10-13 giugno 2008
- Amato S., Maragno M., Mosele P., Sforzi M., Mioni R., Barco L., Dalla Pozza M.C., Antonello K., Ricci A. An outbreak of Campylobacter jejuni linked to the consumption of raw milk in Italy. Zoonoses and Public Health. Volume 54. 2007
- De Cesare A., Mioni R., Manfreda G. Prevalence of Listeria monocytogenes in fresh and fermented Italian sausage and ribotyping of contaminatine strains. FoodMicro 2006 August 29 – September 2, 2006 – Bologna – Italy