|Laboratory||SCT3 – Padova and Rovigo. Diagnostics in animal health|
|Phone||+39 049 8084354|
Lucia Selli is currently employed as a veterinary manager at the IZSVe, SCT3 – Padova and Rovigo. Diagnostics in animal health. She graduated with honors in Veterinary medicine from the University of Pisa (November 1984). She has a Master in “Developing a future for wildlife: an integrated conservation approach” (December 2013). – From 1986 to 1987 she worked as a practitioner at the Virology and bacteriology laboratories at IZSVe, developing skills in virological, serological and bacteriological diagnostic methods. In 1988 and 1989 she worked as a practitioner in a private veterinary clinic for pets. From 1990 to 1992 she had a temporary contract as a researcher at the Monoclonal antibody laboratory at IZSVe, focusing on Mab production vs viral and bacterial antigens, and cooperating with the Pediatric Clinic of Padua University in a research study on genetic therapy of cystic fibrosis, to develop and apply gene transfer techniques in laboratory animals. In 1993 she was hired as a veterinary manager at the Avian virology – Laboratory for Newcastle disease (1993-1997), at the Immunology Laboratory (1998-1999) and at the Fish virology – Laboratory for Fish Pathology (2000-2005). She then moved to the Customer relations and sample acceptance service as quality assurance manager (2006-2008) and in 2009 to the Diagnostic virology laboratory, where she is currently employed. Since 1998 she has been working part time.
Her current research interests include the virological and serological diagnosis of ruminant and swine infectious diseases. She is involved in the national research project IZSVe 06/12 Study on SBV excretion in semen samples of seronegative bulls subjected to experimental infection, in collaboration with the IZS of Brescia and the Friedrich Loeffler Institute-Riems-Germany.
She is currently attending a Masters Course on Veterinary Bioethics and Animal Welfare organized by the University of Padua.
- Maltese C., Antonetti P., Quartesan R., Ormelli S., Borghesan F., Manfrin A., Selli L., Castiglione F., Ferrantelli V., Guercio A., Bovo G. Isolation of viral encephalopathy and retinopathy virus /verv) from wild marine fish species in the Mediterranean sea. 12th International Conference EAFP, Copenhagen 11-16/09/2005 (poster)
- Florio D., Cattoli G., Selli L., Salomoni A., Einer-Iensen K., Bovo G. Genetic analysis oh IHNV viral strains isolated in the province of Trento (1995/2003), Italy. 12th International Conference EAFP, Copenhagen 11-16/09/2005 (poster)
- Selli L., Manfrin A., Mutinelli F., Giacometti P., Cappellozza E., Ormelli S., Ferro D., Pircher A., and Bovo G. (2001) Infectious pancreatic necrosis in marble trout (salmo trutta marmoratus). X Convegno European Assoc. of Fish Pathologist, Dublin (poster)
- Manfrin A., Donà G., Qualtieri K., Favero L., Volpin M., Selli L. and Bovo G. (2001) Experimental infection of goldfish Carassius auratus (l.) with Vibrio cholerae (non O1): preliminary study. Book of Abstracts X Convegno European Assoc. Of Fish Pathologists, Dublin
- Di Trani L., Campitelli L., Puzzelli S., Selli L., Fioretti A., Donatelli I. Characterization of H5N2 influenza viruses from Italian poultry. J.of Gen. Vir. (2001) 82, 623-630.
- Capua I., Marangon S., Selli L., Alexander D.J., Swayne D.E., Dalla Pozza M., Parenti E. & Cancellotti F.M. Outbreaks of Highly Pathogenic Avian Influenza (H5N2) in Italy during October 1997 to January 1998. Avian Path. (1999) 28, 445-460
- Selli L. e Cancellotti F.M. Newcastle disease in Italy: 1996-1997 situation. Proceeding of the Joint Fourth Annual Meetings of the National Newcastle Disease and Avian Influenza Laboratories of Countries of the European Union. Brussel, 9-10.12.97
- Nardelli S., Farina L., Selli L., Parpaiola R., Zuin A. Research on the presence of porcin enterovirus serotype 1 in North-eastern Italy. J.Vet. Med. 40, 190 – 196 (1993)