|Department||SCS3 – Diagnostic services, histopathology, parasitology|
|Phone||+39 049 8084365|
Anna Lisa Stefani graduated in Biological Sciences from Padua University, where she also specialized in Clinical biochemistry and was awarded a Ph.D in Hepatology sciences. She carried out diagnostic and research activities at the Laboratory medicine and microbiology and virology services of Padua Hospital. Since 2005 she has been managing the activities of the Clinical pathology service of the IZSVe.
Her research interests include clinical biochemistry, haematology and immunology in relation to animal health and welfare. She is involved in projects funded by the Italian Ministry of Health. Her ongoing activities are related to the evaluation of metabolic, inflammatory and immunological alterations in dairy cows, the study of physiological indicators of animal welfare, bovine cell-mediated response to vaccines and haematology and cytofluorimetry.
- Brscic M, Prevedello P, Stefani A.L, Cozzi G, Gottardo F. Effects of the provision of solid feeds enriched with protein or nonprotein nitrogen on veal calf growth, welfare and slaughter performance. J Dairy Sci. 2014 Jul;97(7):4649-57. doi: 10.3168/jds.2013-7618
- Scollo A., Di Martino G., Bonfanti L., Stefani A.L., Schiavon E., Marangon S., Gottardo F. Tail docking and the rearing of heavy pigs: the role played by gender and the presence of straw in the control of tail biting. Blood parameters, behaviour and skin lesions. Research in Veterinary Science, 2013. doi: 10.1016/j.rvsc.2013.06.019
- Marchesini G, De Nardi R, Gianesella M, Stefani AL, Morgante M, Barberio A, Andrighetto I, Segato S. Effect of induced ruminal acidosis on blood variables in heifers. BMC Veterinary Research 2013, 9:98.
- Capua I, Mercalli A, Pizzuto MS, Romero-Tejeda A, Kasloff S, De Battisti C, Bonfante F, Patrono LV, Vicenzi E, Zappulli V, Lampasona V, Stefani A, Doglioni C, Terregino C, Cattoli G, Piemonti L. Influenza A viruses grow in human pancreatic cells and cause pancreatitis and diabetes in an animal model. J Virol. 2013 Jan;87(1):597-610. doi: 10.1128/JVI.00714-12. Epub 2012 Oct 24
- Vascellari M, Capello K, Stefani A, Biancotto G, Moro L, Stella R, Pozza G, Mutinelli F. Evaluation of thymus morphology and serum cortisol concentration as indirect biomarkers to detect low-dose dexamethasone illegal treatment in beef cattle. BMC Veterinary Research. 8:129, 2012
- Lopparelli RM, Giantin M, Pozza G, Stefani AL, Ravarotto L, Montesissa C, Dacasto M. Target gene expression signatures in neutrophils and lymphocytes from cattle administered with dexamethasone at growth promoting purposes. Res Vet Sci. 93: 226-233, 2012
- Scarpa M, Grillo A, Brun P, Macchi V, Stefani A, Signor S, Buda A, Fabris P, Giordani M, De Caro R, Palù G, Castagliuolo I, Martines D. Snail1 transcription factor is a critical mediator of hepatic stellate cells activation following hepatic injury. American Journal of Physiology – Gastrointestinal and Liver Physiology, 300(2):G316-26, 2011
- Cozzi G, Ravarotto L, Gottardo F, Stefani AL, Contiero B, Moro L, Brscic M, Dalvit P. Short communication: reference values for blood parameters in Holstein dairy cows: effects of parity, stage of lactation, and season of production. J Dairy Sci. 94(8):3895-901, 2011
- Barzon L, Stefani AL, Pacenti M, Palù G. Versatility of gene therapy vectors through viruses. Exp Opin Biol Ther 5(5):639-662;2005
- Stefani AL, Barzon L, Castagliuolo I, Guido M, Pacenti M, Parolin MC, Farinati F, Palù G. Systemic efficacy of combined suicide/cytokine gene therapy in a murine model of hepatocellular carcinoma. J Hepatol 42(5):728-735;2005