|Department||SCS3 – Diagnostic Services, Histopathology, Parasitology|
|Phone||+39 049 8084365|
Anna Lisa Stefani graduated in Biological Sciences from Padua University, where she also specialized in Clinical biochemistry and was awarded a Ph.D in Hepatology sciences. She carried out diagnostic and research activities at the Laboratory medicine and microbiology and virology services of Padua Hospital. Since 2005 she has been managing the activities of the Clinical pathology service of the IZSVe.
Her research interests include clinical biochemistry, haematology and immunology in relation to animal health and welfare. She is involved in projects funded by the Italian Ministry of Health. Her ongoing activities are related to the evaluation of metabolic, inflammatory and immunological alterations in dairy cows, the study of physiological indicators of animal welfare, bovine cell-mediated immunological response to vaccines and veterinary haematology.
- Contiero B, Gottardo F, Cassandro M, Bertoli G, Cestaro L, Stefani AL. Source of variation of hematology and blood biochemical profiles of Holstein Friesian bulls in performance test. Livestock science. 2018, 213:51-53
- Lora I, Gottardo F, Contiero B, Dall Ava B, Bonfanti L, Stefani A, Barberio A Association between passive immunity and health status of dairy calves under 30 days of age. Preventive veterinary Medicine. 2018. 152:12-15
- Crestani C, Stefani A, Carminato A, Cro A, Capello K, Corrò M, Bozzato E, Mutinelli F, Vascellari M. In vitro assessment of quality of CPDA-1 preserved feline blood 2 collected by a commercial closed system. Journal of Veterinary Internal Medicine. 2018, 1-9. DOI: 10.1111/jvim.15056
- Lora,I.; Barberio,A.; Contiero,B.; Paparella,P.; Bonfanti,L.; Brscic,M.; Stefani,A.L.; Gottardo,F. Factors associated with passive immunity transfer in dairy calves: combined effect of delivery time, amount and quality of the first colostrum meal. Animal, 2018, 12, 5, 1041-1049:doi:10.1017/S1751731117002579
- Di Martino G, Scollo A, Garbo A, Lega F, Stefani AL, Vascellari M, Natale A, Zuliani F, Zanardello C, Tonon F, Bonfanti L. Impact of sexual maturity on the welfare of immunocastrated v. entire heavy female pigs. Animal. 2017. 29:1-7. doi: 10.1017/S1751731117003135
- De Santis M, Contalbrigo L, Borgi M, Cirulli F, Luzi F, Redaelli V, Stefani A, Toson M, Odore R, Vercelli C, Valle E, Farina L. Equine Assisted Interventions (EAIs): Methodological Considerations for Stress Assessment in Horses. Vet Sci. 2017;4(3). pii: E44. doi: 10.3390/vetsci4030044.
- Rizzo, A., Stefani, A. L., Piccinno, M., Roncetti, M., D’Onghia, G. and Sciorsci, R. L. Dynamics of the progesterone and cholesterol concentrations within the bovine corpus luteum cavity 2016, Res Vet Sci., 2016, 109, 56-58
- Brscic M, Cozzi G, Lora I, Stefani A.L., Contiero B, Ravarotto L, Gottardo F. Short communication: Reference limits for blood analytes in Holstein late-pregnant heifers and dry cows: Effects of parity, days relative to calving, and season. J. Dairy Sci. 2015: 98:1–7; http://dx.doi.org/10.3168/jds.2015-9345
- Di Martino G, Stefani AL, Lippi G, Gagliazzo L, McCormick W, Gabai G, Bonfanti L. The degree of acceptability of swine blood values at increasing levels of hemolysis evaluated through visual inspection versus automated quantification. Journal of Veterinary Diagnostic Investigation 2015, Vol. 27(3) 306–312; DOI: 10.1177/1040638715585155
- Doué M, Dervilly-Pinel G, Cesbron N, Stefani A, Moro L, Biancotto G, Le Bizec, B. Clinical biochemical and hormonal profiling in plasma: a promising strategy to predict growth hormone abuse in cattle. Analytical and Bioanalytical Chemistry, 2015, doi:10.1007/s00216-015-8548-y