|Laboratory||SCS4 – Epidemiology|
|Phone||+39 049 8084277|
Since 2007, Grazia Manca has been the head of the Veterinary IT & Information System Laboratory at IZSVe. From 1993 to 1994 she worked as veterinarian for the Istituto Zooprofilattico Sperimentale di Piemonte, Valle d’Aosta, Savona and La Spezia. In 1994 she moved to the Istituto Zooprofilattico Sperimentale delle Venezie. In 1999 she was awarded a postgraduate specialisation in Veterinary Law, in 1996 a ostgraduate specialisation in Avian technologies and pathologies. She graduated in Veterinary medicine in 1993.
Her research activities particularly focus on information systems applied to public health and food safety, epidemiological surveillance, e-government on administrative process simplification and document dematerialization, performance analysis, open data.
For IZSVe and the Regional Information System, she is working at drafting new IT analyses to design new management software for IZSVe laboratories and implementing it in collaboration with the IT Department; she is also the contact person for the implementation and management of the Regional Information System for the LPHUs of the Veneto Region.
At an international level, she is member of the “Metadata Core Group” and organizing committee of many workshops in the framework of the EU-funded project EPIZONE (Network of Excellence for Epizootic Disease Diagnosis and Control).
- Manca G., Ricci A., Brichese M., Marangon S.. Web-oriented tools to allow automatic communication between private and public components in the field of milk production in North-eastern, Italy. the 5th international Multi-Conference on Society and Information Technologies”, 4 – 7 March 2014, Orlando, Florida, US
- Manca G., Patumi, I., Marangon, S.. The Veneto Region Information System: introduction to gesvet, the procedure used by the veterinary services. XII Annual meeting ISVEE, 20-24 August 2012, Maastricht, The Netherlands
- Ferrè N., Manca G., Meindl-Bohmer A., Staubach C., Nativi S., Cristalli A., van der Poel W. (2012). Use of veterinary database within the EPIZONE Network: the metadata core group. In: Abstracts – 6th Annual Meeting EPIZONE “Viruses on the move”. 12-14 June 2012, 37 Brighton, United Kingdom.
- Manca G., Patumi I., Ferrè N., Bortolotti L., Marangon S. (2012). A global approach for the official controls management in the Veneto Region. In: Abstracts – 6th Annual Meeting EPIZONE “Viruses on the move”. 12-14 June 2012, EED2 Brighton, United Kingdom
- Manca G., Patumi I., Galuppo F., Marangon S. The Veneto Region Information System applied to the management of epidemic emergencies: an overview. 5th Annual Meeting EPIZONE “Science on alert”, 11 – 14 April 2011, Arnhem, The Netherlands
- Patumi I., Bortolotti L., Manca G., Marangon S. Database application in veterinary medicine for human and animal health surveillance in the Veneto Region – Italy. 17th International Conference on Information Systems Analysis and Synthesis, 27-30 March 2011, Orlando, Florida.
- Manca G., Dalla Pozza M., Patumi I., Bortolotti L., Brichese M., Marangon S. Veterinary and Public Health Information System in Veneto Region infectious diseases outbreaks data management”, 4th Annual Meeting EPIZONE “Bridges to the Future. 7-10 June 2010 Saint Malò (France).
- Manca G., Patumi I., Bortolotti L., Vio P., Marangon S., (2010). An overview of the Information System in the Veneto Region. 24th NkVet Symposium: Databases in Veterinary Medicine 19-20 April 2010 – Copenhagen (Denmark)