|Structure||SCS2 – Chemistry|
|Phone||+39 049 8084340|
Giancarlo Biancotto graduated in Chemistry in 1991 and specialized in analytical chemistry in 1996. After one year’s experience as a visiting scientist at the McGill University of Montreal (Canada), he started cooperating with IZSVe through scholarships. Hired by IZSVe in 1998, he is now head of the laboratory “Veterinary Drugs and Research” at the Chemistry department, where he is in charge of the official control of veterinary drugs and their residues in feed and food of animal origin and is involved in several research projects in this field.
He conducts research activities on the following topics: development and validation of chemical methods for the multi-class / multi-residue analysis of veterinary drugs, growth promoters and mycotoxins in feed and food of animal origin by means of chromatography coupled with mass spectrometry; development of innovative and alternative methods based on metabolomics and proteomics techniques to detect illegal treatment of farmed animals, or quality status of food commodities; development of methods for the analysis of nanoparticles in foods of animal origin.
He has ongoing collaborations with: Laboratory of food contaminants and residue analysis –LABERCA, Nantes, France, Prof. B. Le Bizec; University of Padua, Deptartment of Comparative Biomedicine and Food Science; University of Padua, Deptartment of Biomedical Sciences, Dr. G. Arrigoni; Department of Immunotechnology, Lund University, Lund, Sweden, Prof. P. James; Rikilt-WUR, Institute of Food Safety, Wageningen, the Netherlands, Dr. S. Weigel; Istituto Zooprofilattico di Umbria e Marche; Istituto Zooprofilattico Piemonte Liguria e Valle d’Aosta.
- R. Stella, G. Dervilly-Pinel, D. Bovo, E. Mastrorilli, A. Royer, R. Angeletti, B. Le Bizec, G. Biancotto ‘Metabolomics analysis of liver reveals profile disruption in bovines upon steroid treatment’, Metabolomics, 2017, doi: 10.1007/s11306-017-1220-0
- F. Gallocchio, G. Biancotto, V. Cibin, C. Losasso, S. Belluco, R. Peters, G. van Bemmel, C. Cascio, S. Weigel, P. Tromp, F. Gobbo, S. Catania, A. Ricci. ‘Transfer Study of Silver Nanoparticles in Poultry Production’, J Agric Food Chemistry, 2017, 65(18), 3767-3774. doi: 10.1021/acs.jafc.7b00670
- G. Biancotto, R. Stella, F. Barrucci, F. Lega, R. Angeletti ‘Urinary concentration of steroids in bulls under anabolic treatment by Revalor XS® implant’ J. of Analytical Methods in Chemistry, 2016, doi: 10.1155/2016/8013175
- R. Stella, F. Barrucci, R. Angeletti, P. James, C. Montesissa, G. Biancotto ‘Targeted proteomics for the indirect detection of dexamethasone treatment in bovines’ Anal Bioanal CHemistryM, 2016, doi: 10.1007/s00216-016-9951-8
- G. Segato, G. Biancotto, F. Agnoletti, G. Berto, C. Montesissa, & C. Benetti ‘In vivo studies to highlight possible illegal treatments of rabbits with carbadox and olaquindox’ Food additives and Contaminants Part A, 2015, 32(12), 1976-1991
- R. Stella, G. Biancotto, G. Arrigoni, F. Barrucci, R. Angeletti, P. James ‘Proteomics for the detection of indirect markers of steroids treatment in bovine muscle’, Proteomics: 2015, doi: 10.1002/pmic.201400468
- C. C. Jacob, G. Dervilly-Pinel, G. Biancotto, F. Monteau, B. Le Bizec, ‘Global urine fingerprinting by LC-ESI(+)-HRMS for better characterization of metabolic pathway disruption upon anabolic practices in bovine’, Metabolomics, 2014, doi: 10.1007/s11306-014-0685-3
- G. Biancotto, R. Stella, G. Pozza, A. Stefani, F. Lega, R. Angeletti ‘Sub-therapeutic treatments of bulls with dexamethasone: direct and indirect markers of treatment’, Food Additives and Contaminants: part A, 2013, 30, 430-442
- R. Stella, G. Biancotto, M. Krogh, R. Angeletti, G. Pozza, M.C. Sorgato, P. James, I. Andrighetto ‘Protein expression changes in skeletal muscle in response to growth promoter abuse in beef cattle’, Journal of Proteome Research, 2011, 10, 2744-2757
- G. Segato, C. Benetti, R. Angeletti, C. Montesissa and G. Biancotto ‘Doxycycline and sulfadimethoxine transfer from cross-contaminated feed to chicken tissues’, Food Additives and Contaminants, 2011, 28, 860-868.