|Department||SCT2 – Treviso, Belluno and Venezia|
|Telefono||+39 0437 944746|
Carlo Citterio is a veterinary officer at the IZSVe – SCT2 Belluno- He has a specialist diploma in Technology and pathology of poultry, rabbit and game and is an ECZM Diplomate (Wildlife Population Health).
His main research interests are diagnostics, surveillance and management/control of infectious diseases in wildlife and at the wildlife-livestock-human interface, with special reference to zoonoses and diseases with a high economic impact; disease impact and management in wildlife; diagnostics and control of parasitic diseases in livestock; epidemiology and ecology of wildlife diseases.
He has been involved in national and international research projects on epidemiology, surveillance and management/control of wildlife diseases; pathogen ecology and host-pathogen interactions; risk analysis and game meat hygiene. He participated in the drafting and implementation as a coordinator of an operational unit to 13 scientific research projects. In 4 of them, also served as the scientific coordinator. He is author/co-author of 30 scientific papers in international research journals/book chapters; more than 50 papers in national scientific and technical journals and more than 100 scientific abstracts. He is a reviewer of research projects for scientific institutions and for different scientific peer reviewed journals. He consistently attends to courses/conferences concerning his professional and research activities, and in more than 100 of these he was a speaker.
- Bianco, A., Zecchin, B., Fusaro, A., Schivo, A., Ormelli, S., Bregoli, M., Citterio, C.V., Obber, F., Dellamaria, D., Trevisiol, K., Lorenzetto, M., De Benedictis, P., Monne, I. Two waves of canine distemper virus showing different spatio-temporal dynamics in Alpine wildlife (2006-2018) Infection, Genetics and Evolution (MEEGID) (2020), 84: 104359, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.meegid.2020.104359
- Turchetto, S., Obber, F., Rossi, L., D’Amelio, S., Cavallero, S., Poli, A., Parisi, F., Lanfranchi, P., Ferrari, N., Dellamaria, D., Citterio, C.V. Sarcoptic mange in wild caprinae of the Alps: could pathology help in filling the gaps in knowledge? Frontiers in Veterinary Science (2020), 7:193, doi: 10.3389/fvets.2020.00193
- Longo, A., Losasso, C., Vitulano, F., Turchetto, S., Petrin, S., Mantovani, C., Zavagnin, P., Dalla Pozza, M.C., Ramon, E., Vio, D., Conedera, G., Citterio, C.V., Ricci, A., Lettini, A. Insight into an outbreak of Salmonella serovar Choleraesuis var. Kunzendorf in wild boars. Veterinary Microbiology (2019), 238: 108423, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.vetmic.2019.108423
- Zecchin, B., Schivo, A., Milani, A., Fusaro, A., Bellinati, L., Ceglie, L., Natale, A., Bonfanti, L., Cunial, G., Obber, F., Citterio, C., Monne, I. Identification of a zoonotic genotype 3 hepatitis E subtype in wildlife in north-eastern Italy. Infection, Genetics and Evolution (MEEGID) (2019), 71: 16-20, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.meegid.2019.03.005
- Zecchin, B., De Nardi, M., Nouvellet, P., Vernesi, C., Babbucci, M., Crestanello, B., Zoltan, B., Bedeković, T., Hostnik, P., Milani, A., Donnelly, C.A., Bargelloni, L., Lorenzetto, M., Citterio, C., Obber, F., De Benedictis, P., Cattoli, G. Genetic and spatial characterization of the red fox (Vulpes vulpes) population in the area stretching between the Eastern and Dinaric Alps and its relationship with rabies and canine distemper dynamics, PLoS ONE (2019), 14(3): e0213515, https://doi.org/10.1371/journal.pone.0213515
- Da Rold, G., Ravagnan, S., Soppelsa, F., Porcellato, E., Soppelsa, M., Obber, F., Citterio, C.V., Carlin, S., Danesi, P., Montarsi, F., Capelli, G. Ticks are more suitable than red foxes for monitoring zoonotic tick-borne pathogens in northeastern Italy Parasites & Vectors (2018), 11(1):137. DOI: 10.1186/s13071-018-2726-7
- Obber, F., Capello, K., Mulatti, P., Lorenzetto, M., Vendrami, S., Citterio, C.V. Exploring the use of red fox (Vulpes vulpes) counts during deer censuses as a tool to evaluate the fox population trend in the framework of disease surveillance Hystrix. The Italian Journal of Mammalogy, (2018) doi:10.4404/hystrix–00048-2018
- Salvadori, C., Finlayson, J., Trogu, T., Formenti, N. Lanfranchi, P., Citterio, C., Palarea-Albaladejo, J., Poli, A., Chianini, F. Characterization of Immune System Cell Subsets in Fixed Tissues from Alpine Chamois (Rupicapra rupicapra). Journal of Comparative Pathology (2016), 155 (2-3): 207-212
- Raez-Bravo, A., Granados, J.E., Serrano, E., Dellamaria, D., Casais, R., Rossi, L., Puigdemont, A., Cano-Manuel, F.J., Fandos, P., Perez, J.M., Espinosa, J., Soriguer, R.C., Citterio, C., Lopez-Olvera, J.R. Evaluation of three enzyme-linked immunosorbent assays for sarcoptic mange diagnosis and assessment in the Iberian ibex, Capra pyrenaica. Parasites & Vectors (2016), 9:558 DOI 10.1186/s13071-016-1843-4
- Ferrari, N., Citterio, C.V., Lanfranchi, P. Infracommunity crowding as an individual measure of interactive-isolationist degree of parasite communities: Disclosing the effects of extrinsic and host factors. Parasites & Vectors (2016), 9 (1), art. no. 1371