|Department||SCS3 – Diagnostic Services, Histopathology, Parasitology
|Phone||+39 049 8084288|
Federica Gobbo is an executive veterinarian at the Arthropod Vectors and Transmitted Pathogens Unit of the Laboratory of Parasitology, Mycology and Sanitary Entomology (SCS3) of the Istituto Zooprofilattico Sperimentale delle Venezie (IZSVe).
She graduated in Veterinary Medicine at the University of Padua (2006), and she completed the School of Specialization in Breeding, Hygiene, Pathology of Aquatic Species and Control of Derived Products (2010) at the University of Udine. She is an expert of infectious diseases and zoonoses of the poultry sector, she has been involved in diagnostic and research activities of poultry pathogens and wild birds (Highly Pathogenic Avian Influenza, Newcastle disease, West Nile and Usutu Viruses).
She is currently dealing with vector-borne pathogens with a focus on arboviruses (West Nile Virus, Usutu Virus, Dengue, Chikungunya, Phlebovirus) and tick-borne diseases (TBDs). She is involved in Arbovirosis surveillance plans, screening/diagnosis of vector-borne pathogens and research activities in vector competence studies and insecticide resistance (IR).
- Mencatelli G. et al. (2023). Epidemiological and Evolutionary Analysis of West Nile Virus Lineage 2 in Italy. Viruses. 2022 Dec 22;15(1):35. DOI: 10.3390/v15010035.PMID: 36680076
- Barzon Luisa et al. (2022). Rapid spread of a new West Nile virus lineage 1 associated with increased risk of neuroinvasive disease during a large outbreak in Italy in 2022. Journal of Travel Medicine, 2022;, taac125, DOI: 10.1093/jtm/taac125
- Barzon Luisa et al. (2022). Early start of seasonal transmission and co-circulation of West Nile virus lineage 2 and a newly introduced lineage 1 strain, northern Italy, June 2022. Eurosurveillance 2022-07-21 | Journal article DOI: 10.2807/1560-7917.ES.2022.27.29.2200548
- Gobbo F. (2022). Silent Infection of Highly Pathogenic Avian Influenza Virus (H5N1) Clade 22.214.171.124b in a Commercial Chicken Broiler Flock in Italy. Viruses 2022-07-22 Journal article DOI:10.3390/v14081600
- Tucciarone C.M. et al. (2022). Molecular Survey on A, B, C and New Avian Metapneumovirus (aMPV) Subtypes in Wild Birds of Northern-Central Italy call_split. Veterinary Sciences 2022-07-20 Journal article DOI:10.3390/vetsci9070373
- Leopardi S. et. al. (2022). Identification of Dobrava-Belgrade Virus in Apodemus flavicollis from North-Eastern Italy during Enhanced Mortality. Viruses 2022-06-07 Journal article DOI:10.3390/v14061241
- Aaziz R. et. al. (2022). Occurrence of Chlamydiae in Corvids in Northeast Italy. Animals 2022-05-10 | Journal article DOI: 10.3390/ani12101226
- Graziosi G. et al. (2022). First detection of avian metapneumovirus subtype C Eurasian lineage in a Eurasian wigeon “Mareca penelope” wintering in Northeastern Italy: an additional hint on the role of migrating birds in the viral epidemiology. Avian Pathology. 2022-03-23 | Journal article DOI: 10.1080/03079457.2022.2051429
- Fatou T. Lo et. al. (2022). Intercontinental Spread of Eurasian Highly Pathogenic Avian Influenza A(H5N1) to Senegal. Emerging Infectious Diseases 2022-01 | Journal article. DOI: 10.3201/eid2801.211401
- Bottinelli M. et al. (2022). Herpetic Pneumonia in Indian Ringneck Parrots (Psittacula krameri): First Report of Novel Psittacid Alphaherpesvirus-5 Infection in Europe. Animals 2022 Journal article DOI:10.3390/ani12020188
- Bottinelli M. et. al. (2022). Active Surveillance for Highly Pathogenic Avian Influenza Viruses in Wintering Waterbirds in Northeast Italy, 2020–2021. Microorganisms 2021-10-20 Journal article DOI:10.3390/microorganisms9112188
- Cocchi M. et al. (2021). A Three-Year Biocrime Sanitary Surveillance on Illegally Imported Companion Animals. Pathogens (Basel, Switzerland) 2021-08 Journal article DOI:10.3390/pathogens10081047
- Sulaiman L. et al. (2021). Live Bird Markets in Nigeria: A Potential Reservoir for H9N2 Avian Influenza Viruses. Viruses 2021-07 Journal article DOI: 10.3390/v13081445
- Balboni A. (2021). Natural distemper infection in stone martens (Martes foina): From infection to neutralizing antibodies. Research in veterinary science 2021-06 Journal article DOI: 10.1016/j.rvsc.2021.06.015
- Shittu I. et al. (2020). First detection of highly pathogenic H5N6 avian influenza virus on the African continent. Emerging microbes & infections 2020-12 Journal article DOI:10.1080/22221751.2020.1757999