|Department||SCT1 – Verona and Vicenza|
|Phone||+39 049 8084135|
Federica Gobbo is an executive veterinarian at the Istituto Zooprofilattico Sperimentale delle Venezie – SCT1 Avian Medicine Laboratory and Mycoplasmas Unit (SCT1 Verona and Vicenza). She graduated in Veterinary medicine at the University of Padua (2006) and she attended a post-graduate school in Hygiene, farming and diseases in aquaculture (degree in 2010).
From 2007 to 2009 she worked at the National reference laboratory for fish diseases / OIE reference laboratory for viral encephalopathy and retinopathy of marine fish, where she dealt with international and national research in diagnosis of viral diseases of fish farming. During 2009-2015, she worked at the Diagnostic service of Padua (SCT3 Padova and Rovigo), working in animal and public health, and dealing with pathology and diagnosis of animal infectious disease and zoonosis. Currently she is employed at the Avian Medicine Laboratory (SCT1 Verona and Vicenza) and Mycoplasmas Unit, working on avian pathology and mycoplasmology of veterinary interest.
Currently she works mainly on diagnosis of infectious disease of poultry (pathology and microbiology) and on animal mycoplasmology (microbiology and molecular biology). She also deals with AST (Antimicrobial Susceptibility Test) applied to mycoplasmas and in detail phenotypic characterization of drug susceptibility and/or resistance in veterinarian mycoplasma species via M.I.C (Minimum Inhibitory Concentration). Moreover, she has been involved in both national and international research and collaboration projects.
She is author and co-author of almost 100 scientific publications including peer-reviewed articles, and proceedings of national and international conferences.
- Gallocchio, F., Biancotto, G., Cibin, V., Losasso, C., Belluco, S. Peters, R., van Bemmel, G., Cascio, C., Weigel, S., Tromp, P., Gobbo, F., Catania, S. & Ricci, A. (2017). Transfer Study of Silver Nanoparticles in Poultry Production, Journal of Agricultural and Food Chemistry, 65(18), 3767–3774
- Catania, S.; Gobbo, F.; Schiavon, E.; Nicholas, R.A.J. (2016). Severe otitis and pneumonia in adult cattle with mixed infection of Mycoplasma bovis and Mycoplasma agalactiae, Veterinary Record Case Reports, 4, 2, e000366
- Catania, S., Gobbo, F., Bilato, D., Gagliazzo, L., Moronato, M.L., Terregino, C., Bradbury, J.M., Ramirez A.S. (2016). Two strains of Mycoplasma synoviae from chicken flocks on the same layer farm differ in their ability to produce eggshell apex abnormality. Veterinary Microbiology, 193, 60-66
- Barberio, A., Flaminio, B., De Vliegher, S., Supré, K., Kromker, V., Garbarino, C., Arrigoni, N., Zanardi, G., Bertocchi, L., Gobbo, F., Catania, S. & Moroni, P. (2016). In vitro antimicrobial susceptibility of Mycoplasma bovis isolates identified in milk from dairy cattle in Belgium, Germany and Italy. Journal of Dairy Science, 99:6578-6584
- Catania, S., Gobbo, F., Ramirez, A.S., Guadagnini, D., Baldasso, E., Moronato M.L. & Nicholas R.J. (2016). Laboratory investigations into the origin of Mycoplasma synoviae isolated from a lesser flamingo (Phoeniconaias minor), BMC Veterinary Research. 10.1186/s12917-016-0680-1
- Catania, S., Gobbo, F., Rodio, S., Fincato, A., Qualtieri, K., Santone, C., Nicholas R.A.J. (2014). First Isolation of Mycoplasma iowae in Grey Partridge Flocks. Avian Diseases 58(2):323-325.
- Catania, S., Tavella, A., Gobbo, F., Nicholas, R. A.J. (2014). Isolation of Mycoplasma bovigenitalium from infertile dairy cattle. Vet Rec Case Rep, 2:e000055. doi:10.1136/vetreccr-2014-000055
- Lysnyansky, I., Gerchman,I., Mikula, I., Gobbo, F., Catania, S., Levisohn, S. (2013). Molecular Characterization of Acquired Enrofloxacin Resistance in Mycoplasma synoviae Field Isolates. Antimicrobial agents and Chemotherapy. 57 (7): 3072-3077
- Catania, S., Gobbo, F., Bilato, D., Fincato, A., Battannolli, G. & Iob, L. (2012). Isolation of Mycoplasma iowae in commercial turkey flocks. Letters in Veterinary Record, doi: 10.1136/vr.e645
- Catania, S., Bilato, D., Gobbo, F., Granato, A., Terregino, C., Iob, L. & Nicholas, R.A.J. (2010). Treatment of Eggshell Abnormalities and Reduced Egg production Caused by Mycoplasma synoviae Infection. Avian Diseases 54:961-964
- Gobbo, F., Cappellozza, E., Pastore, M.R. & Bovo, G. (2010). Susceptibility of black bullhead Ameiurus melas to a panel of ranavirus isolates. Dis. Aquat. Org. 90:167-174.