|Department||SCT4 – Friuli Venezia Giulia|
|Phone||+39 0434 41405|
Martina Ustulin graduated in Veterinary Medicine at Bologna University. Subsequently, she attended a postgraduate course entitled “Animal health, breeding and livestock production” at Padua University. At present, she works at the diagnostic service in Pordenone.
Her activities mainly refer to swine pathology, with particular attention to gross pathological evaluation, isolation and identification of bacteria of clinical interest and revelation and characterization of viral pathogens through biomolecular methods. In 2010, she started her research activity in the field of Salmonella infection in swine reproduction and fattening farms. Subsequently she dedicated to the evaluation of use of new matrixes (oral fluids) as diagnostic tool and to the study of diffusion, transmission patterns and pathogenetic role of Micoplasma hyorhinis.
She is actually involved in two research project, one regarding isolation and characterization of Erysipelothrix rhusipathiae from slaughtered swine, and one about characterization of antigenic determinants of Swine Influenza.
- Laconi,A.; Cavicchio,L.; Tassoni,L.; Cunial,G.; Milani,A.; Ustulin,M.; Di Martino,G.; Forzan,M.; Campalto,M.; Monne,I.; Beato,M.S. Identification of two divergent swine Noroviruses detected at the slaughterhouse in North East Italy. Porcine Health.Manag., 2020, 6, 9-020-00147-1. eCollection 2020, England
- Ustulin M., Targhetta C., Pierasco A., Fincato A., Tonellato F., Catania S., Vio D. A study on the transmission of Mycoplasma hyorhinis in suckling piglets in two farm in northern Italy. 25th International Pig Veterinary Society (IPVS) Congress, Proceedings Volume I, 11-14 Giugno, Chongqing, Cina.
- Ustulin M., Giorgiutti M., Conedera G., Vio D. A case of mortality in suckling piglets due to pneumonia caused by Actinobacillus pleuropneumoniae. Vet Rec Case Rep 2017;5:e000443. doi:10.1136/vetreccr-2017-000443
- Moronato M.L., Ustulin M., Vio D., Nicholas R.A.J., Catania S. Diagnosis and control of a severe outbreak of lameness caused by Mycoplasma hyosynoviae in a closed pig unit. Vet Rec Case Rep 2017;5:e000500. http://dx.doi.org/10.1136/vetreccr-2017-000500
- M. Ustulin, M.L. Moronato, F. Gobbo, G. Sandri, S. Catania, D. Vio. Evaluation of Mycoplasma spp prevalence in a multisite production flow in Italy. ESPHM, European Symposium of Porcine Health Management, Praga (CZ), 3-5 Maggio 2017
- Vio D., Ustulin M., Targhetta C., Pierasco A., Toson M., Cocchi M., Tagliente D., Passera A., Conedera G. “Evaluation of agreement between serum and oral fluids to investigate PRRS in weaning pigs”. 24th International Pig Veterinary Society (IPVS) Congress, Abstracts book, Dublin, Ireland, 7-10 Giugno 2016
- Turchetto S., Donazzolo C., Ustulin M., Citterio C., Conedera G., Vio D., Deotto S., Di Giusto T., Cocchi M. Susceptibility to antimicrobials in Salmonella enterica subsp. Enterica serva Choleraesuis strains isolated from wild boar (Sus scrofa) in North-Eastern Italy. International Conference Game Meat Hygiene in focus 2015 abstracts book, Edimburgo, Regno Unito, 10-11 Settembre 2015
- Turchetto S., Ustulin M., Citterio C.V., Zanardello C., Vascellari M., Vio D., Conedera G., Ferro Milone N.M., Cocchi M. Phenotypic features and Phylogenetic background of extraintestinal hemolytic Escherichia coli responsible of mortality in puppies. Vet Microbiol. 2015 Aug 31;179(1-2):126-30. doi: 10.1016/j.vetmic.2015.03.004. Epub 2015 Mar 14.
- Cocchi M., Deotto S., Fabris A., Di Sopra G., Ustulin M., Monne I., Di Giusto T. Oxytetracycline and florfenicol resistance in Flavobacteriaceae strains isolated from diseased trouts. Program and Abstracts – Seventh International Conference on Antimicrobial Agents in Veterinary Medicine (AAVM) One Health Approach to Antimicrobial Use: Securing the Future – Antibiotic Stewardship, p. 56
- Conedera G.; Ustulin M.; Barco L.; Bregoli M.; Re E.; Vio D. Outbreak of atypical Salmonella choleraesuis in wild boars in North Eastern Italy. 2014, Section 2 Zoonotic agents, 151-159, P.Paulsen, A.Bauer and F.J.M. Smulders (eds.) Wageningen Academic Publishers, The Netherlands
- Ustulin M.; Cocchi M.; Targhetta C.; Pierasco A.; Conedera G.; Vio D. “Study on phylogenetic groups of E. coli strains involved in edema disease”. Proceedings of the 23rd International Pig Veterinary Society (IPVS) Congress – Volume I, 149, Cancun, Quintana Roo, Messico, 8 – 11 Giugno 2014