|Department||SCS3 – Diagnostic services, histopathology, parasitology|
|Phone||+39 049 8084168|
Marta Vascellari graduated in Veterinary medicine in 2000 at the University of Padova. She achieved the specialization in Farming, hygiene, disease control of aquatic species and related products (2004, University of Udine). She also holds the PhD from the Doctoral School of Veterinary Science, Public Health sector (2009, University of Padova). In 2001 she obtained the qualification to practice as veterinary surgeon.
She is currently veterinary manager at the Histopathology laboratory at the IZSVe and she is involved in histopathology diagnosis of diseases of domestic, wild and laboratory animals.
She conducts research in the field of veterinary oncology through the application and development of histological, histochemical and immunohistochemical methods; histological evaluation of target organs for the detection of illegal treatments with growth promoters in beef cattle; study on sentinel organisms and indirect biomarkers for the development of integrated systems for biomonitoring; avian influenza and TSEs, with special reference to scrapie. She is the scientific advisor of research projects funded by the Italian Ministry of Health.
She is also responsible for the Tumour Registry of dogs and cats of the Venice and Vicenza provinces and involved in the project for the standardization of the histological method as screening test to control the illegal use of growth promoters in beef cattle.
- Rossi F, Sabattini S, Vascellari M, Marconato L. (2018). The impact of toceranib, piroxicam and thalidomide with or without hypofractionated radiation therapy on clinical outcome in dogs with inflammatory mammary carcinoma. Vet Comp Oncol. 2018 May 27. doi: 10.1111/vco.12407.
- Crestani C, Stefani A, Carminato A, Cro A, Capello K, Corrò M, Bozzato E, Mutinelli F, Vascellari M. (2018). In vitro assessment of quality of citrate-phosphate-dextrose-adenine-1 preserved feline blood collected by a commercial closed system. J Vet Intern Med. 32(3):1051-1059. doi: 10.1111/jvim.15056.
- Carli E, Carminato A, Ravagnan S, Capello K, Antognoni MT, Miglio A, Furlanello T, Proverbio D, Spada E, Stefani A, Mutinelli F, Vascellari M. (2017). Frequency of DEA 1 antigen in 1037 mongrel and purebreed dogs in Italy. BMC Vet Res. 13(1):364. doi: 10.1186/s12917-017-1286-y.
- Ravagnan S, Carli E, Piseddu E, Da Rold G, Porcellato E, Zanardello C, Carminato A, Vascellari M, Capelli G. (2017). Prevalence and molecular characterization of canine and feline hemotropic mycoplasmas (hemoplasmas) in northern Italy. Parasit Vectors. 10(1):132. doi: 10.1186/s13071-017-2069-9.
- Zanardello C, Capello K, Stella R, Biancotto G, Vascellari M. (2017). Semiquantitative immunohistochemical detection of progesterone receptors in male accessory sex glands as a screening assay for anabolic steroid use in bulls. J Vet Diagn Invest. 29(1):35-40. doi: 10.1177/1040638716681047.
- Vascellari M, Ravagnan S, Carminato A, Cazzin S, Carli E, Da Rold G, Lucchese L, Natale A, Otranto D, Capelli G. (2016). Exposure to vector-borne pathogens in candidate blood donor and free-roaming dogs of northeast Italy. Parasit Vectors. 9(1):369. doi: 10.1186/s13071-016-1639-6.
- Vascellari M, Capello K, Carminato A, Zanardello C, Baioni E, Mutinelli F. (2016). Incidence of mammary tumors in the canine population living in the Veneto region (Northeastern Italy): Risk factors and similarities to human breast cancer. Prev Vet Med.126:183-9. doi: 10.1016/j.prevetmed.2016.02.008.
- Capello K, Bortolotti L, Lanari M, Baioni E, Mutinelli F, Vascellari M. (2015). Estimate of the size and demographic structure of the owned dog and cat population living in Veneto region (north-eastern Italy). Prev Vet Med. 118(1):142-7. doi: 10.1016/j.prevetmed.2014.10.017.
- Giantin M, Granato A, Baratto C, Marconato L, Vascellari M, Morello EM, Vercelli A, Mutinelli F, Dacasto M. (2014). Global gene expression analysis of canine cutaneous mast cell tumor: could molecular profiling be useful for subtype classification and prognostication? PLoS One. 9(4):e95481. doi: 10.1371/journal.pone.0095481. eCollection 2014.
- Cocchi M, Vascellari M, Gallina A, Agnoletti F, Angeletti R, Mutinelli F. (2010). Canine nephrotoxicosis induced by melamine-contaminated pet food in Italy. J Vet Med Sci. 72:103-7
- Vascellari M., Baioni E., Ru G., Carminato A., Mutinelli F. (2009). Animal tumour registry of two provinces in northern Italy: incidence of spontaneous tumours in dogs and cats. BMC Vet Res. 2009;5:39
- Vascellari M., Pozza G., Poppi L., Capello K., Angeletti R., Ravarotto L., Andrighetto I., Mutinelli F. (2008). Evaluation of indirect biomarkers of corticosteroids use as illegal growth promoters in beef cattle. Vet Rec, 163: 147-151
- Vascellari M, Nonno R, Mutinelli F, Bigolaro M, Di Bari Ma, Melchiotti E, Marcon S, D’agostino C, Vaccari G, Conte M, De Grossi L, Rosone F, Giordani F, Agrimi U. (2007). PrPSc in salivary glands of scrapie-affected sheep. J Virol 81, 4872-4876
- Vascellari M, Granato A, Trevisan L, Basilicata L, Toffan A, Milani A, Mutinelli F. (2007). Pathologic findings of highly pathogenic avian influenza virus A/Duck/Vietnam/12/05 (H5N1) in experimentally infected pekin ducks, based on immunohistochemistry and in situ hybridization. Vet Pathol 44, 635-642
- Vascellari M., Melchiotti E., Mutinelli F. (2006). Fibrosarcoma with typical features of post-injection sarcoma at site of microchip implant in a dog: histological and immunohistochemical study. Vet Pathol, 43: 545-548
- Vascellari M., Aufiero G.M., Nonno R., Agrimi U., Vaccari G., Basilicata L., Falcaro C., Mancin M., Marcon S., Mutinelli F. (2005). Diagnosis and PrP genotype target of scrapie in clinically healthy sheep of Massese breed in the framework of a scrapie eradication programme. Arch Virol, 150: 1959-1976
- Vascellari M., Mutinelli F., Cossettini R., Altinier E. (2004). Liposarcoma at the site of implanted microchip in a dog. Vet J, 168: 188-190
- Vascellari M., Melchiotti E., Bozza M.A., Mutinelli F. (2003). Fibrosarcomas at presumed sites of injection in dogs: characteristics and comparison with non-vaccination site fibrosarcomas and feline postvaccinal fibrosarcomas. J Vet Med A, 50: 286-291