|Structure||SCS3 – Diagnostic Services, Histopathology, Parasitology|
|Phone||+39 049 8084168|
Marta Vascellari graduated in Veterinary medicine in 2000 at the University of Padova. She achieved the specialization in Farming, hygiene, disease control of aquatic species and related products (2004, University of Udine). She also holds the PhD from the Doctoral School of Veterinary Science, Public Health sector (2009, University of Padova). In 2001 she obtained the qualification to practice as veterinary surgeon.
She is currently veterinary manager at the Histopathology laboratory at the IZSVe and she is involved in histopathology diagnosis of diseases of domestic, wild and laboratory animals.
She conducts research in the field of veterinary oncology through the application and development of histological, histochemical and immunohistochemical methods; histological evaluation of target organs for the detection of illegal treatments with growth promoters in beef cattle; study on sentinel organisms and indirect biomarkers for the development of integrated systems for biomonitoring; avian influenza and TSEs, with special reference to scrapie. She is the scientific advisor of research projects funded by the Italian Ministry of Health.
She is also responsible for the Tumour Registry of dogs and cats of the Venice and Vicenza provinces and involved in the project for the standardization of the histological method as screening test to control the illegal use of growth promoters in beef cattle.
- Orlandi M, Mazzei M, Vascellari M, Melchiotti E, Zanardello C, Verin R, Albanese F, Necci F, Pazzini L, Lazzarini G, Abramo F. Localization and genotyping of canine papillomavirus in canine inverted papillomas. J Vet Diagn Invest. 2021 Jul 31:10406387211035799. doi: 10.1177/10406387211035799.
- Aresu L, Marconato L, Martini V, Fanelli A, Licenziato L, Foiani G, Melchiotti E, Nicoletti A, Vascellari M. Prognostic Value of PD-L1, PD-1 and CD8A in Canine Diffuse Large B-Cell Lymphoma Detected by RNAscope. Vet Sci. 2021 Jun 29;8(7):120. doi: 10.3390/vetsci8070120
- Stefani A, Capello K, Carminato A, Wurzburger W, Furlanello T, Bertazzo V, Marsilio E, Albertin E, La Pietra G, Bozzato E, Mutinelli F, Vascellari M. Effects of leukoreduction on storage lesions in whole blood and blood components of dogs. J Vet Intern Med. 2021 Mar;35(2):936-945. doi: 10.1111/jvim.16039.
- Foiani G, Zanardello C, Carminato A, Melchiotti E, Roccabianca P, Tecilla M, Vascellari M. Chromogenic in situ hybridization for the detection of lambda and kappa immunoglobulin light chains as a potential auxiliary diagnostic technique in canine plasmacytomas. J Vet Diagn Invest. 2020 Sep;32(5):675-682. doi: 10.1177/1040638720938687.
- Lucchese L, Ravagnan S, Da Rold G, Toniolo F, Wurzburger W, Mion M, Carminato A, Fournier PE, Capelli G, Natale A, Vascellari M. Survival of Rickettsia conorii in artificially contaminated whole and leukoreduced canine blood units during the storage period. Parasit Vectors. 2020 Apr 21;13(1):118. doi: 10.1186/s13071-020-3991-9.
- Carminato A, Tecilla M, Roccabianca P, Zanardello C, Melchiotti E, Capello K, Vascellari M. CD30 Cross-Reactivity and Expression in Feline Normal Tissues and Lymphomas. Vet Pathol. 2020 Jan;57(1):49-55. doi: 10.1177/0300985819875745.
- Mazzei M, Vascellari M, Zanardello C, Melchiotti E, Vannini S, Forzan M, Marchetti V, Albanese F, Abramo F. Quantitative real time polymerase chain reaction (qRT-PCR) and RNAscope in situ hybridization (RNA-ISH) as effective tools to diagnose feline herpesvirus-1-associated dermatitis. Vet Dermatol. 2019 Dec;30(6):491-e147. doi: 10.1111/vde.12787.
- Marconato L, Facchinetti A, Zanardello C, Rossi E, Vidotto R, Capello K, Melchiotti E, Laganga P, Zamarchi R, Vascellari M. Detection and Prognostic Relevance of Circulating and Disseminated Tumour Cell in Dogs with Metastatic Mammary Carcinoma: A Pilot Study. Cancers (Basel). 2019 Feb 1;11(2):163. doi:10.3390/cancers11020163.
- Crestani C, Stefani A, Carminato A, Cro A, Capello K, Corrò M, Bozzato E, Mutinelli F, Vascellari M. In vitro assessment of quality of citrate-phosphate-dextrose-adenine-1 preserved feline blood collected by a commercial closed system. J Vet Intern Med. 2018 May;32(3):1051-1059. doi: 10.1111/jvim.15056.
- Vascellari M, Capello K, Carminato A, Zanardello C, Baioni E, Mutinelli F. (2016). Incidence of mammary tumors in the canine population living in the Veneto region (Northeastern Italy): Risk factors and similarities to human breast cancer. Prev Vet Med.126:183-9. doi: 10.1016/j.prevetmed.2016.02.008.