|Role||Director (ad interim)|
|Department||SCT4 – Friuli Venezia Giulia|
|Phone||+39 0434 41405|
Denis Vio is the director ad interim of the peripheral laboratory SCT4 – Friuli Venezia Giulia.
After graduating in Veterinary Medicine from Padua University, he attended a postgraduate course entitled, “Animal Health, Hygiene and Pathology of Aquatic Species and Hygiene of Fish Products”. His main fields of activity regard swine pathology.
Diagnostic activity is mainly linked to the isolation and identification of the main pathogens and the application of biomolecular methods for the detection of viruses causing respiratory and enteric diseases in swine. His laboratory activity is accompanied by consultations at swine farms. He is involved in research projects in both animal and food hygiene.
Since 2005 Denis Vio’s research interest is represented by swine pathology; in particular from 2008 to 2010, his research attention was focused on Salmonella both in reproduction and breeding farms. In the last years his research field has switched to swine respiratory diseases, particularly the study of interactions between bacterial and viral agents causing respiratory diseases and the study and application of innovative diagnostic tools, as bronco-alveolar lavages and oral fluids.
His main research activity is focused on swine pathology. He has coordinated, as principal investigator, research projects in this field, supported by the Italian Ministry of Health entitled, “Study on the role of Mycoplasma hyorhinis in the Porcine Respiratory Disease Complex in two different production systems in North Eastern part of Italy”. Currently he is principal investigator of two research projects entitled, “Antimicrobial resistance in Pasteurella multocida and Streptococcus suis strains isolated during porcine respiratory diseases complex clinical outbreaks: biofilm expression, MIC and MBEC determination and sub-MIC concentration effect of enrofloxacin, tilmicosin e ceftiofur” and “Erysipelothrix rhusiopathiae: an integrated approach for microbiological isolation, molecular characterization and antimicrobial resistance profiling in pigs slaughtered in the northeastern part of Italy”.
- D. Vio, S. Deotto , M. Ustulin, T. Di Giusto, G. Conedera, M. Cocchi. “Antimicrobial susceptibility in Escherichia coli isolated in edema disease episodes”. Pag 236 vol. II. Proceedings IPVS, 2014.
- M. Ustulin, M. Cocchi, C. Targhetta, A. Pierasco, G. Conedera, D. Vio. “Study on phylogenetic groups of Escherichia coli strains involved in Edema Disease”. pag 149, vol I. Proceedings IPVS, 2014.
- Francione E., Paternolli S., Bregoli M., Turchetto S., Dal Sasso A., Citterio C. V., Vio D., Trevisiol K., Danesi P., Conedera G., Pozio E., Capelli G. Trichinella spp. infection in wildlife of North-Eastern Italy: focus on last three years monitoring period (2011-2013) Hystrix, It. J. Mamm. 25 Supp., 38.
- Conedera G., Ustulin M., Barco L., Bregoli M., Re E., Vio D. “Outbreak of atipical Salmonella Choleraesuis in wild boars in North Eastern Italy” Capitolo in testo: Trends in game meat hygiene, pag 151-159, Wageningen Academic Publisher, 2014, Eds: P. Paulsen, A. Bauer, F.J.M. Smulders.
- Turchetto S., Ustulin M., Citterio C.V., Zanardello C., Vascellari M., Vio D., Conedera G., Ferro Milone N.M., Cocchi M. Phenotypic features and Phylogenetic background of extraintestinal hemolytic Escherichia coli responsible of mortality in puppies. Vet. Micorbiol. 179(2015) 126-130. http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.vetmic.2015.03.004
- Vio D., Ustulin M., Targhetta C., Pierasco A., Toson M., Cocchi M., Tagliente D., Passera A., Conedera G. “Evaluation of agreement between serum and oral fluids to investigate PRRS in weaning pigs”. 24th International Pig Veterinary Society (IPVS) Congress, Abstracts book, Dublin, Ireland, 7-10 Giugno 2016
- Catania S., Moronato M.L., Flaminio B., Ustulin M., Vio D., Gobbo F. Valutazione della MIC (Minimum Inhibitory Concentration) di ceppi di Mycoplasma hyopneumoniae e Mycoplasma hyorhinis isolati nel settore suinicolo italiano. Atti della Società Italiana di Patologia ed Allevamento dei Suini, XLIII meeting annuale, pp. 119-123, 16-17 Marzo 2017
- Ustulin M., Moronato M.L., Giorgiutti M., Catania S., Gobbo F., Vio D. Zoppie in animali in magronaggio e ingrasso dovute a infezione da Mycoplasma hyosynoviae. Atti della Società Italiana di Patologia ed Allevamento dei Suini, XLIII meeting annuale, pp. 155-157, 16-17 Marzo 2017
- Ustulin M., Giorgiutti M., Tagliente D., Targhetta C., Pierasco A., Conedera G., Vio D. Mortalità da pleuropolmonite da Actinobacillus pleuropneumoniae in suinetti sottoscrofa. Atti della Società Italiana di Patologia ed Allevamento dei Suini, XLIII meeting annuale, pp. 163-166, 16-17 Marzo 2017
- Donazzolo C., Turchetto S., Ustulin M., Citterio C., Conedera G., Vio D., Deotto S., Di Giusto T., Cocchi M. “Antimicrobial susceptibility of Salmonella enterica subsp. enterica serovar Choleraesuis strains isolated from wild boar (Sus scrofa) in Italy.” Capitolo 6 in testo: Game meat hygiene- Food safety and security pag 121-127, Wageningen Academic Publisher, 2017, Eds: P. Paulsen, A. Bauer, F.J.M. Smulders.