|Laboratory||SCS4 – Epidemiology|
|Phone||+39 049 8084280|
In 1989, Laura Bortolotti obtained the degree in Veterinary Medicine from the University of Bologna and, in 1996, Master’s Degree in Veterinary law and legislation from the University of Milan. She was hired in 1993 as an associate veterinarian at the diagnostic Section of IZSVenezie of Treviso, becoming assistant veterinary director of the Diagnostics laboratory in 1999. Her main activities and responsibilities are the diagnosis of animal diseases, especially of the rabbit, and the coordination of serological examinations. Since 2001 she has been head of the Database and animal records management laboratory.
In 2010-2013 she carried out a research project entitled: “Evaluation of injectable transponder use in sheep to develop an identification method to be added to authorised devices in Italy”. In 2007-2009 she carried out the IT implementation of 2 projects on innovative systems relating to the traceability of animals to improve the safety of beef in the Veneto Region. Her main research interests include designing information systems for data interchange among different platforms and data quality analysis.
Since 2002 she has been enaged in management of the Regional Livestock Database of the Veneto Region and also of the Regional Pets registry since 2004. Since 2006 she has coordinated controls by the competent authorities, at the farms and slaughterhouses of the Veneto Region, to identify, register and trace animals (cattle, sheep, goats, horses and pigs). She is responsible for standardizing controls, training workers, for the data collection system, and for exchanging information with the regional authorities that run community (EU) aid schemes. She is an expert in the design of information systems on animal traceability and in data quality analysis. She is an experienced advisor in animal traceability and identification systems for the Veneto Region. In 2009-2010 she held the course entitled, “Production and Information Management in Public Health Veterinary Medicine” at the University of Bologna. From 2003-2013 she gave 29 invited lectures at public and private institutions, regarding identification and registration systems for cattle, pigs, sheep, horses and pets. Organization and teaching of 5 seminars with 14 training sessions on dog identification and traceability and 13 seminars with 55 training sessions on livestock identification and traceability systems.
- Bortolotti L, Pengo M, Zamprogna S, Rizzo S, Gagliazzo L, Favero L, Bonfanti L., Aujeszy’s disease management in the Veneto Region: an example of public-private healthcare partnership, Proceedings 6th European Symposium of Porcine Health Management, Sorrento – 7-9 maggio 2014 (poster, abstract)
- Bortolotti L, Cobianchi M, Breda T, Favero L, Ruocco L, Marangon S.. Sylvatic rabies epidemic in Italy: implementation of a data management system to assess the level of application of preventive dog vaccination, Pathogens and Global Health, 2013, 107 NO. 7, 354-360
- BortolottiL L., Zampieri A., Miatto A., Esperienza pratica di utilizzo di transponder iniettabili in un gregge di ovini di razza Ouessant, Large Animal Review 2013; 19: 219-223 223
- Bortolotti L., Favero L., Bonfanti L., Comin A., Marangon S., Implementation of an information system for the traceability of live decoy birds, Avian Dis., 2012, 56, 4 Suppl 1: 1021-1024, American Association of Avian Pathologists, Athens, United Kingdom
- Bortolotti L., Cobianchi M., Rostellato D., Dalla Pozza M., Favero L., Marangon S., Centralized Database for poultry farms: a public-private synergy, Epizone 6th Annual Meeting “Viruses on the move”. Brighton 12-14 giugno 2012 (poster, abstract) EED2
- Bortolotti L., Rizzo S., Favero L., Bonfanti L. Marangon S., Surveillance in decoy birds: implementation of an information system for the traceability, 8th International Symposium on Avian Influenza University of London, UK 01-04 Aprile 2012 (oral presentation) –(130).
- Bortolotti L., Cobianchi M., Lanari M., Zampieri A., Brichese M., Cester G., Emergenza rabbia in Veneto: sistema automatizzato per il monitoraggio dello stato vaccinale dei cani, Epivet 2011: VI Workshop Nazionale di Epidemiologia Veterinaria. Orvieto, 1-2 Dicembre 2011 (poster, abstract) – (59-60).
- Bortolotti L., Lanari M., Brichese M., Cobianchi M., Cazzola L., Zampieri A., Marangon S., Rabies re-emergence in Northern Italy: development of a regional system for centralized data management of dog vaccinations, ICAHS 2011 “Epidemiologie & Santé Animale” Lyon, France, 17-20 Maggio 2011 (poster, abstract) – (35-37).
- Bortolotti L., Pengo M., Lanari M., Cobianchi M., Favero L., Zampieri A., Marangon S., Rabies outbreak in the Veneto Region: implementation of an informations system to gather data on vaccination in domestic animals, 5th Annual Meeting EPIZONE “Science on alert” Arnhem, The Netherlands, 11-14 Aprile 2011 (poster, abstract) – (ES33).