|Laboratory||SCT3 – Padova and Rovigo. Diagnostics in animal health|
|Phone||+39 049 8084237|
Letizia Ceglie graduated in Biological sciences and was awarded a postgraduate diploma in Microbiology and human virology at the University of Bologna in 2000 and a Master’s Degree in Biotechnology at the University of Urbino (FanoAteneo) in 2002. In 1995 she joined the Istituto Zooprofilattico delle Venezie as a young researcher and during the last 20 years or so, her main interests have been in molecular and cellular biology, prevalently in the fields of human and animal health, laboratory diagnostics (mainly development and standardization of diagnostic tests) and animal disease surveillance.
Since 1995, she has been involved in European research projects as COST Action 855 on Animal chlamydioses and zoonotic implications, under the European Union 6th Framework Programme; researcher in the European Union funded research project on the application of innovative methods for diagnosing viral diseases of horses, such as viral arteritis, rhino-pneumonitis virus, influenza. (Feb 1995- 1999).
She has also participated in national research projects concerning zoonoses and animal health, specifically on BVD, IBR, Neosporosis, SBV, Q Fever, Leptospirosis, Hepatitis E virus, PRRSV. The main focus is on disease monitoring after experimental infection, evaluation of the performance of the diagnostic tools applied in the diagnosis, and the application of innovative typing methods (MLVA) to characterize the collected strains. She has also been research project coordinator in the field of chlamydial infections (Animal chlamydiosis and zoonotic implications).
At present she is directly involved in research projects on Schmallenberg virus, new strains of BVDV and some zoonoses (Leptospirosis, Q Fever and HEV). Her activities also include the organization of proficiency tests for etiological diagnosis of pathogens affecting bovines and swine.
- Giammarioli M., Ceglie L., Rossi E., Bazzucchi M., Casciari C., Petrini S., De Mia GM (2014) Increased genetic diversity of BVDV-1: recent findings and implications thereof Virus Genes 28-10-2014 (epub ahead for print).
- Drigo M., Franzo G., Gigli A., Martini M., Mondin A., Gracieux P., Ceglie L. (2014) The impact of porcine reproductive and respiratory syndrome virus genetic heterogeneity on molecular assay performances. J Virol Methods. 2014 Jun 15;202:79-86.
- Drigo M., G. Franzo, I. Belfanti, M. Martini, A. Mondin, L. Ceglie (2014) Validation and comparison of different end point and real time RT-PCR assays for detection and genotyping of porcine reproductive and respiratory syndrome virus J Virol Methods. 2014 Jun 15;201:79-85.
- Monne I., Ceglie L., Di Martino G., Natale A., Zamprogna S., Morreale A., Rampazzo E., Cattoli G. and Bonfanti L. (2014) Hepatitis E virus genotype 4 in a pig farm, Italy, 2013 Epidemiol. Infect., Page 1-5.
- Ceglie L., Monaco F., Bonci M., Calistri P., Bano L., Goffredo M., Belfanti I., Pinoni C., Polci A., Nardelli S., Bonfanti L., Marangon S., Lelli R. (2012). First report of Schmallenberg virus in Italy. Abstracts – 6th Annuale Meeting EPIZONE “Viruses on the Move”, Brighton. Abstracts – 6th Annuale Meeting EPIZONE “Viruses on the move”.
- Natale A., Bucci G., Capello K., Barberio A., Tavella A., Nardelli S., Marangon S., Ceglie L. (2012) Old and new diagnostic approaches for Q fever diagnosis: correlation among serological (CFT, ELISA) and molecular analyses. Comp. Immunol. Microbiol. Infect.Dis. 35(4):375-379.
- Mutinelli F., Schiavon E., Ceglie L., Fasolato M., Natale A., Rampin F., Carminato A. (2011) Bovine besnoitiosis in imported cattle in Italy. Vet.Parasitol. (175).
- Donati M., Laroucau K., Storni E., Mazzeo C., Magnino S., Di Francesco A., Baldelli R., Ceglie L., Renzi M. and Cevenini R. (2009) Serological response to pgp3 protein in animal and human chlamydial infections Veterinary Microbiology vol.135 pp.181-185.
- Natale A., Busani L., Comin A., De Rui S., Buffon L., Nardelli S., Marangon S., Ceglie L. (2009) First report of bovine Q-fever in north-eastern Italy: preliminary results. Clinical Microbiology and Infection April 30. 15 (Suppl.2): 144-145.
- Ceglie L., Lafisca S., Guadagno C., Dalla Pozza G., Capello K., Bano L.,Vicari N., Donati M., Mion M., Giurisato I., Lombardo D., Pozzato N., Cevenini R., and Natale A. (2007) Serological surveillance in North-Eastern Italy for the presence of Chlamydophyla spp from birds and molecular characterisation of PCR isolates within the area of Venice. COST Action 855 Animal Chlamydiosis and its zoonotic implications Proceedings. Pulawy, 10-11 September 2007, (full- length paper pp. 62-67).
- Birch-Machin I., Ryder S., Iniguez P., Koptopoulos G., Marault M., Ceglie L., Zientara S., Mumford J., Binns M., Crucière C., Cancellotti F.M.. Davis-Poynter N. and Hannant D. (2000) Utilisation of bacteriophage display libraries to identify peptide sequences recognised by Equine Herpesvirus type 1 specific sera. Journal of Virological Methods 88, pp.89-104