|Laboratory||SCT4 – Friuli Venezia Giulia|
|Phone||+39 0432 561529|
Monia Cocchi is a veterinarian. After graduating in Veterinary medicine from Bologna University, she attended a postgraduate course entitled, Animal health, breeding and livestock production at Bologna University and then a postgraduate course on Animal health, hygiene and pathology of aquatic species and hygiene of fish products. At present, she works at the diagnostic unit in Udine.
Her main fields of activity concern fish (above all, bacteriological diseases of trout) and bovine (particularly mastitis) pathology. Diagnostic activity is mainly linked to the isolation and identification of the main bacterial pathogens (Trout pathology: Flavobacterium spp., Aeromonas spp., e.g.; bovine mammary pathogens). Other fields of interest include susceptibility to antimicrobial agents and the study of biofilm. Laboratory activities are accompanied by consultations in breeding (bovine farms).
She is involved in research projects in both animal health and food hygiene. The projects concern the implementation of a new mastitis control programme to reduce levels of mastitis on dairy farms in the North-East of Italy. Another area of activity is the application of a polyphasic approach to species identification and to antibiotic resistance (oxytetracycline and florfenicol) in furunculosis and in the cold water disease of the trout. Another collaboration in a research project concerns the use of oral fluids to monitor two of the most important swine pathologies by serological and molecular methods.
- Cocchi Monia, Vascellari Marta, Gallina Albino, Agnoletti Fabrizio, Angeletti Roberto and Mutinelli Franco. Canine Nephrotoxicosis Induced by Melamine-Contaminated Pet Food in Italy. J. Vet. Med. Sci. 72(1): 103–107, 2010
- Gallina G., Lucatello L., Drigo I., Cocchi M., Scandurra S., Agnoletti F., Montesissa C. Kinetics and intrapulmonary disposition of tilmicosin after single and repente oral bolus administrations to rabbits. Vet Res Commun (2010) 34 (Suppl 1): S69-S72.
- Agnoletti Fabrizio, Ferro Tiziana, Guolo Angela, Marcon Barbara, Cocchi Monia, Drigo Ilenia, Mazzolini Elena, Bano Luca. A survey of Clostridium spiroforme antimicrobial susceptibility in rabbit breeding. Veterinary Microbiology 136 (2009).188–191.
- Cocchi M., Vascellari M., Gallina A., Angeletti R., Agnoletti F., Mutinelli F., Cattai S. Renal failures in dogs in Italy associated with melamine-contaminated pet food. Veterinary Record. 407-408. 2009. Letters.
- Drigo I., Agnoletti F., Bacchin C., Bettini F., Cocchi M., Ferro T., Marcon B., Bano L. 2008. Toxin genotyping of Clostridium perfringens field strains isolated from healthy and diseased chickens. Ital. J. Anim. Sci. 7:397-400.
- Barberio A., Pozzato N., Ceglie L., Cocchi M., Vicenzoni G. (2008). Controllo dell’infezione da BVD Virus nella regione Veneto. Journal of the Italian Association for Buiatrics
- Drigo Ilenia, Bacchin Cosetta, Cocchi Monia, Bano Luca, Agnoletti Fabrizio, Development of PCR protocols for specific identification of Clostridium spiroforme and detection of sas and sbs genes. Veterinary Microbiology, Short communication. 131 (2008) 414–418
- Drigo I., Agnoletti F., Bacchin C., Bettini F., Cocchi M., Ferro T., Marcon B., Bano L. Toxin genotyping of Clostridium perfringens field strains isolated from healthy and diseaded chickens. 2008. Ital. J. anim. Sci. Vol 7, 397-400.
- Tamba M., Cocchi M., Ferri F., Massi P., Santi A. Sorveglianza delle salmonellosi nelle ovaiole. Risultato di un indagine al macello. Large Animal Review. Anno 8, n 6. Dic. 2002, 81 – 82
- Cocchi M., Massi P., Tosi G., Tamba M. Presenza di Campylobacter spp. nella carne di pollame macellata in Romagna. Large Animal Review. Anno 7, n 6. Dic.