Di Martino Guido
|Department||SCS4 – Epidemiology|
|Phone||+39 049 8084175|
Guido Di Martino is veterinary researcher in the Epidemiological surveillance, veterinary legislation and animal welfare unit – SCS4 Epidemiology at IZSVe.
He has a degree in Veterinary medicine (University of Padua, 2008) and holds postgraduate degree in Pathology and technology of poultry, rabbit and game (University of Milan, 2011) and a Master of Science in Animal Welfare (University of Northampton, 2013).
In the year 2008-2009 he worked for the Department of Animal Science of the University of Padua within the research project “Relationship between milk protein loci, ratio between protein fractions and milk dynamographic parameters of cow milk”.
He has been working at IZSVe since 2009, being involved in 10 animal welfare projects by means of research temporary contracts.
Since 2015, he has been working at the “Epidemiological surveillance, veterinary legislation and animal welfare” unit – SCS4 Epidemiology at IZSVe in the coordination of two research projects on animal welfare.
His main activities focused on designing and carrying out research projects on animal welfare in livestock, with particular reference to physiological and behavioural indicators of stress.
He has been involved in 10 national research projects, whose results have been presented in several national and international congresses.
He is author and co-author of 38 publications including peer-reviewed journals, national journals, chapters of books, national and international conference proceedings.
- Di Martino G., Stefani A.L., Lippi G., Gagliazzo L., McCormick W., Gabai G., Bonfanti L. (2015). The degree of acceptability of swine blood values at increasing levels of hemolysis evaluated through visual inspection versus automated quantification. Journal of Veterinary Diagnostic Investigation 27, 306-312.
- Di Martino G., Scollo A., Gottardo F., Stefani A.L., Schiavon E., Capello K., Marangon S., Bonfanti L. (2014). The effect of tail docking on the welfare of pigs housed under challenging conditions. Livestock Science 173, 78–86.
- Monne I., Ceglie L., Di Martino G., Natale A., Zamprogna S., Morreale A., Rampazzo E., Cattoli G., Bonfanti L. (2015). Hepatitis E virus genotype 4 in a pig farm, Italy, 2013. Epidemiology and Infection 143, 529–533
- Di Martino G., Capello K., Scollo A., Gottardo F., Stefani A.L., Rampin F., Schiavon E., Marangon S., Bonfanti L. (2013).Continuous straw provision reduces prevalence of oesophago-gastric ulcer in pigs slaughtered at 170 kg (heavy pigs). Research in Veterinary Science 95, 1271-1273.
- Scollo A., Di Martino G., Bonfanti L., Stefani A.L., Schiavon E., Marangon S., Gottardo F. (2013). Tail docking and the rearing of heavy pigs: the role played by gender and the presence of straw in the control of tail biting. Blood parameters, behaviour and skin lesions. Research in Veterinary Science 95: 825-830.
- Negrato E., Di Martino G., Vascellari M., Radaelli G., Capello K., Pascoli F., Bertotto D., Bonfanti, L. (2013). Expression of heat shock protein 70 in the liver of extensively and intensively kept heavy pigs. Animal 7(8): 1362-1366.
- Bonfatti V., Di Martino G., Carnier P. (2011). Effectiveness of mid-infrared spectroscopy for the prediction of detailed protein composition and contents of protein genetic variants of individual milk of Simmental cows. Journal of Dairy Science 94(12): 5776-5785.
- Bonfatti V., Cecchinato A., Di Martino G., De Marchi M., Gallo L., Carnier P. (2011). Effect of κ-casein B relative content in bulk milk κ-casein on Montasio, Asiago, and Caciotta cheese yield using milk of similar protein composition. Journal of Dairy Science 94(2): 602-613.
- Bonfatti V., Di Martino G., Cecchinato A., Degano L., Carnier P. (2010). Effects of β-κ-casein (CSN2-CSN3) haplotypes, β-lactoglobulin (BLG) genotypes, and detailed protein composition on coagulation properties of individual milk of Simmental cows. Journal of Dairy Science 93(8): 3809-3817.
- Bonfatti V., Di Martino G., Cecchinato A., Vicario D., Carnier P. (2010). Effects of β-κ-casein (CSN2-CSN3) haplotypes and β-lactoglobulin (BLG) genotypes on milk production traits and detailed protein composition of individual milk of Simmental cows. Journal of Dairy Science 93(8): 3797-3808.