Ferro Milone Nicola
|Laboratory||SCT2 – Treviso, Belluno and Venezia|
|Phone||+39 049 8084155|
Nicola Ferro Milone is veterinary officer at the Belluno Laboratory of the IZSVe. He has a degree in Veterinary medicine at the University of Turin in 1993, a postgraduate degree in Hygiene and safety of animal foodstuffs (Turin University 1998), a Master in Veterinary public health (Padua University, 2004) and in Animal behaviour medicine” (Pisa University, 2013). He has professional experience as a fellow (1994-2000) at the IZS-To and IZSVe. Since 2001 he has worked as a veterinary officer at the IZSVe (SCT2 and SC9), in laboratory diagnostics, food microbiology, wildlife diseases and vector-borne diseases.
He has always worked in the field, with institutional and private clients, and has developed expertise in veterinary public health, diseases of domestic and wild animals, and production and safety of dairy products. He worked as scientific coordinator for a research project on tick-borne diseases. He has developed expertise in animal behaviour and man-animal relationships (anthrozoology). He has led training activities for students, food business workers, farmers, hunters, health workers.
As veterinary officer at the Belluno lab of IZSVe, he mainly works in diagnostics, with a focus on animal pathology, and as a consultant on production and control of dairy foods. He collaborates with the Parasitology lab of IZSVe for studies on arthropod vectors.
- Montarsi F., Martini S., Dal Pont M., Delai N., Ferro Milone N., Mazzucato M., Soppelsa F., Cazzola L., Ravagnan S., Ciocchetta S., Russo F., Capelli G.; Biology and expansion of a recently introduced invasive mosquito, Aedes (Hulecoeteomyia) koreicus, a new potential vector in north-eastern Italy; abstract convegno CVBD (Canine Vector Borne Disease) World forum Annual meeting; San Pietroburgo, 14-17 aprile 2013
- Ferro Milone N., Citterio C.V., Mazzolini E., Todone D., Di Marino L., Bortolas C.; Indagine sieroepidemiologica per anticorpi verso Tick Borne Encephalitis Virus in ruminanti selvatici di un’area endemica dell’arco alpino orientale; atti ISS / EPIVET – IV Workshop nazionale di epidemiologia veterinaria; Roma, 11-12 dicembre 2008
- Citterio C., Ferro Milone N., Barberio A., Malacarne M., Corrimani F., Feltrin M., Roldo C.; Indagine preliminare sulla mastite da Prototheca zopfii in un allevamento della provincia di Belluno; BUIATRIA, ATTI SIB, vol. 2 – n. 3.2007; ISSN 1828-4078.
- Comin D., Viel L., Ferro Milone N., Benedetti G., Sommavilla G., Capelli G. (2007) Popolazioni animali domestiche e selvatiche sentinelle nella diffusione di Borrelia burgdorferi sensu lato e TBE Virus nel territorio bellunese, Large Animal Review, 13, 217-220.
- Montarsi F., Cassini R., Squecco G., Benini N., Mondin A., Corrain M., Ferro Milone N., Capelli G.: Ixodes ricinus and vector-borne disease in north-eastern Italy; ATTI SOIPA 2006.