|Laboratory||SCS2 – Chemistry|
|Phone||+39 049 8084343|
Francesca Lega graduated in Chemistry from the University of Padua (Italy). She specialized in “Food Chemistry and Technologies” at the University of Bologna (Italy). From 1997 to 2005 she worked as a chemist for a private company in the field of water and beverage analysis. She has been a Chemistry manager at the Anabolic Laboratory at IZSVe since 2005 and from 2010 onwards she has been the Head of Quality Assurance of the Chemistry Department.
Her research interests include drug and anabolic substance residues in animal matrices or food of animal origin focusing on the development of new analytical methods and possible discrimination criteria to identify illegal treatments. Her main fields of activity concern the development, validation and accreditation of analytical methods to detect anabolic residues in animal matrices by the HPLC-MSMS technique.
She also collaborates in the maintenance and development of the IZSVe Quality System.
- G. Biancotto, R. Stella, F. Barrucci, F. Lega, R. Angeletti. Determination of trenbolone, estradiol and related endogenous steroids by LC-MS/MS after treatment with anabolic steroids. VII International Symposium on hormones and veterinary drug residue analysis_abstract book” (2014)
- F. Lega, L. Rigoni, G. Pozza, R. Angeletti. Metabolic profiles of the mycotoxin zearalenone and of the growth promoter zeranol in bull urine, bile and liver. VII International Symposium on hormones and veterinary drug residue analysis_abstract book (2014)
- R. Stella, G. Arrigoni, G. Biancotto, M. Krough, M. Vascellari, F. Lega, G. Pozza, R. Angeletti, I. Androghetto and P. James. Confirmation of Protein Biomarkers of Corticosteroids Treatment in Veal Calves Sampled under Fiel Conditions. Journal of Proteome Research, 2014, 13, 1794-1799.
- F. Lega, L. Contiero, G. Biancotto, R. Angeletti. Determination of thyreostats in muscle and thyroid tissues by QuEChERS extraction and ultra-performance liquid chromatography tandem mass spectrometry. Food Addit Contam Part A, 30(6) (2013), 949-57.
- G. Biancotto, R. Stella, G. Pozza, A. Stefani, F. Lega, R. Angeletti. Sub-therapeutic treatments of bulls with dexamethasone: direct and indirect markers of treatment. Food Addit Contam Part A, 30(3) (2013), 430-42.
- R. Galarini, R. Buratti, L. Fioroni, L. Contiero, F. Lega. Development, validation and quality assurance of screening methods: a case of study. Analytica Chimica Acta, 700 (2011), 2-10.
- L. Contiero, F. Lega, R. Angeletti. Uncontrolled oxidative processes of prednisolone in bovine liver extracts: naturally occurring or method dependent?. Euroresidue VI Conference on residues of Veterinary Drugs in food _ proceedings” (2008)
- L. Contiero, F. Lega, G. Biancotto, R. Angeletti. Simultaneous extraction and analysis of 11 ß-agonists in bovine liver and urine by solid phase extraction with polymeric mixed-mode sorbent and liquid chromathography-electrospray ionisation tandem mass spectrometry. Fifth International Symposium on Hormone and Veterinary Drug Residue Analysis _ abstract book (2006)
- R. Galarini, C. Benetti, L. Fioroni, F. Lega, L. Contiero, G. Biancotto. Validation of a quantitative confirmatory method for banned substances: a practical and critical approach. Fifth International Symposium on Hormone and Veterinary Drug Residue Analysis _ abstract book (2006)