Lettini Antonia Anna
|Laboratory||SCS1 – Risk analysis and public health surveillance|
|Phone||+39 049 8084286|
Antonia Anna Lettini graduated in Biological Sciences from the University of Modena and Reggio Emilia (Italy) and was awarded her postgraduate diploma in Biotechnological Applications at the University of Bari (Italy). She worked for some years in the framework of research projects in the biomedical sector, specifically in molecular oncology. To date, as part of the Department of Food Safety at the IZSVe, she works at SCS1, Risk Analysis and Surveillance Systems in Public Health – Biofood Laboratory.
Her research activities are focused on: development of typing and sub-typing methods to characterize bacterial strains, especially Salmonella spp. responsible for foodborne outbreaks; application of phenotypic and genotypic methods to characterize antimicrobial resistance profiles of different microorganisms.
Her diagnostic and research activities at the Biofood laboratory at IZSVe (Legnaro) involve: typing and sub-typing methods for Salmonella isolates from food and animal samples; identification of animal species from human food by molecular methods; characterization of genetically modified organisms in human and animal food products; development of molecular methods to characterize antimicrobial resistance profiles of Salmonella strains.
She is involved in activities to set up and coordinate the IZSVe Biofood laboratory.
Member of the Working Group of the network of Italian Istituti Zooprofilattici, established to harmonize the procedures regulating the development and validation of molecular methods applied to food safety control (IZSPLV, IZSLER, IZSVe).
- A.A. Lettini, C. Saccardin, E. Ramon, A. Longo, E. Cortini, M.C. Dalla Pozza, L. Barco, B. Guerra, I. Luzzi, A. Ricci. Characterization of an unusual Salmonella phage type DT7a and report of a foodborne outbreak of salmonellosis. Int J Food Microbiol. 2014, 189, 11-17.
- Barco L, Longo A, Lettini AA, Cortini E, Saccardin C, Minorello C, Olsen JE,Ricci A. Molecular characterization of “inconsistent” variants of salmonella typhimurium isolated in Italy. Foodborne Pathog Dis. 2014 Jun;11(6):497-9. doi:10.1089/fpd.2013.1714.
- Barco, E. Ramon, E. Cortini, A. Longo, M.C. Dalla Pozza, A.A. Lettini, A.M. Dionisi, J.E. Olsen, A. Ricci. Molecular characterization of Salmonella enterica serovar 4,,12:i:- DT193 ASSuT strains from two outbreaks in Italy. Foodborne Pathog Dis 2014 Feb;11(2):138-44.
- Delibato E, Rodriguez Lazaro D, Gianfranceschi M, De Cesare A, Comin D, Gattuso A, Hernandez M, Sonnessa M, Pasquali F, Sreter-Lancz Z, Saiz-Abajo MJ,Pérez-De-Juan J, Butrón J, Prukner-Radovcic E, Horvatek Tomic D, Johannessen GS, Jakočiūnė D, Olsen JE, Chemaly M, Le Gall F, González-García P, Lettini AA, Lukac M, Quesne S, Zampieron C, De Santis P, Lovari S, Bertasi B, Pavoni E, Proroga YT, Capuano F, Manfreda G, De Medici D. European validation of Real-Time PCR method for detection of Salmonella spp. in pork meat. Int J Food Microbiol. 2014 Jan 20. pii: S0168-1605(14)00033-6. doi: 10.1016/j.ijfoodmicro.2014.01.005.
- A.A. Lettini, L. Barco, M. Mancin, E. Ramon, A. Longo, M.C. Dalla Pozza, M. Ruffa, R. Lucchini, A. Ricci. A Pilot Study for Identification of Salmonella in Food Processing Plants by Real-Time PCR Screening. Food Analytical Methods Food Anal. Methods 2012, 5:988–994.
- Giufrè M, Graziani C, Accogli M, Luzzi I, Busani L, Cerquetti M; Escherichia coli Study Group. Escherichia coli of human and avian origin: detection of clonal groups associated with fluoroquinolone and multidrug resistance in Italy. J Antimicrob Chemother. 2012 Apr;67(4):860-7.
- Barco L., Mancin M., Ruffa M., Saccardin C., Minorello C., Zavagnin P., Lettini A.A., Elmerdahl Olsen J., Ricci A. Application of random forests methodology to analyze epidemiological and phenotypic characteristics of Salmonella 4,,12:i:- and Salmonella Typhimurium strains. Zoonoses and Public Health 2012 Nov;59(7):505-12.
- Barco L, Lettini AA, Ramon E, Longo A, Saccardin C, Pozza MC, Ricci A. A Rapid and Sensitive Method to Identify and Differentiate Salmonella enterica Serotype Typhimurium and Salmonella enterica Serotype 4,,12:i:- by Combining Traditional Serotyping and Multiplex Polymerase Chain Reaction. Foodborne Pathog Dis. 2011 Jan 19.
- Gastaldelli M, Stefani E, Lettini AA, Pozzato N. Multiplexed typing of Mycobacterium avium subsp. paratuberculosis types I, II, and III by Luminex xMAP suspension array. J Clin Microbiol. 2011 Jan;49(1):389-91.
- L Barco, AA Lettini, Dalla Pozza MC, Ramon E, Fasolato M, Ricci A. Fluoroquinolone Resistance Detection in Campylobacter coli and Campylobacter jejuni by Luminex® xMAP™ Technology. Foodborne Pathog Dis 2010, May 7: 1-8.