|Laboratory||SCT5 – Trento|
|Phone||+39 0461 822458|
Rosaria Lucchini is a biologist manager at the peripheral diagnostic laboratory SCT5 – Trento, where she is also the head of Quality for the Trento Branch and the contact person for training at the Trento laboratory.
She graduated in Biological sciences from Padua University; she was then awarded a PhD in “Respiratory Pathologies “ by Milan University, and specialized in “Chemistry and Food Technology” at Parma University. She holds a Department Management Diploma from the Health Management School, Eupolis Lombardy, in cooperation with Carlo Cattaneo Institute of Varese, and a Diploma in “Wild Animals and Public Health” from Milan University.
His main fields of activity concern quality of test and measurement laboratories, quality assurance of results, food safety (microbiology and molecular biology laboratory activities aimed at identifying food pathogens), training and consultancy for food industry workers, simplification of the own-check system and drafting of own-check manuals for food businesses. Her research interests cover also the management of non-conformity in official food controls, the hygiene of game meats and the promotion of mountain pasture produce.
She takes part in national and international congresses, conferences, meetings and workshops as a speaker and as a delegate. She is a lecturer in Continuing education in medicine training events and professional refresher courses. She is lecturer at San Michele all’Adige Agricultural Institute (Trento) in the milk transformation module – IV year of professional training and at Verona University, Faculty of Medicine, for the degree course in Biomedical Laboratory Techniques. She is tutor for trainees attending the Trento site, high school students, university students and residents.
She promotes the dissemination activities to provide food industry workers, hunters and consumers with the latest information on food safety through national specialist journals.
She has scientific collaboration with Padua University (in the university project led by Prof. Barbara Cardazzo on the genotyping of Pseudomonas fluorescens), Bari University (with Prof. Elena Ciani on the traceability of the grey alpine breed) and with Udine University (with Prof. Bovolenta in relation to a feasibility study to promote game meat in Friuli Venezia Giulia).
She is involved in the ongoing research project funded by the Italian Ministry of Health in the fields of food safety, game meat hygiene and the promotion of mountain pasture produce.
- Paternolli S., Francione E., Lucchini R., Igiene delle carni di selvaggina: che regole ci diamo? – Weidmannsheil, 2014
- Lucchini R. Qualità delle carni di selvaggina – Caccia Alpina n. 22 p. 8-11, 2014
- Bregoli M., Lucchini R., Dellamaria D., Francione E., Citterio CV., Capelli G., Vascellari M., Farina G. Sarcocystis spp. In game ungulates of central – eastern Italian Alps. – Cap 5 in the book “Trends in game meat Hygiene edited by P. Paulsen, A. Bauer and FJM Smulders. Wageningen Academic Publishers, 2014
- Citterio CV, Bortolas C., Lucchini R., Francione E., Trevisiol K., Rabini M., Giacon M., Obber F., Favretti M., Pezzuto A., Capovilla P., Bragagna P., Mione D., Comiotto D., Rocca N., Luchesa L., Giusti M., Gieti H., Holzmann U., Lucchini R. Foodborne pathogens and microbiological spoilage in different ungulate species hunted in the Eastern Italian Alps. – Cap 8 in the book “Trends in game meat Hygiene” edited by P. Paulsen, A. Bauer and FJM Smulders. Wageningen Academic Publishers, 2014
- Lucchini R., Carraro L., Drigo I., Favretti M., Piovesana A., Novelli E., Cardazzo B. Molecular characterization of Listeria monocytogenes strains isolated from “extreme condition” in fermented game meat – Food Microbiology Convention, 2014
- Lucchini R., Armani M., Novelli E., Rodas S., Masiero A., Minenna J., Bacchini C., Drigo I., Piovesana A., Favretti M., Rocca M., Zamboni U., Farina G., Listeria monocytogenes in game meat cured sausages – Cap 12 in the book “Trends in game meat Hygiene” edited by P. Paulsen, A. Bauer and FJM Smulders. Wageningen Academic Publishers, 2014
- Armani M., Lucchini R., Novelli E., Rodas S., Masiero A., Minenna J., Pasolli C., Luchesa L., Zamboni U., Farina G., Hygienic quality and microflora evolution in typical Italian game meat products – cap. 22 in the book “Trends in Game Meat Hygiene” edited by P. Paulsen, A. Bauer and FJM Smulders Wageningen Academic Publishers, 2014
- Lucchini R. (a cura di), Ruolo del cacciatore nell’igiene delle carni di selvaggina, Il Cacciatore Trentino – Associazione cacciatori Trentini, 2013