|Laboratory||SCT3 – Padova and Rovigo. Diagnostics in animal health|
|Phone||+39 049 8084435|
Alda Natale graduated in Veterinary Medicine (1995) and obtained a postgraduate certificate in Animal Health, Farming and Animal Husbandry (1999) from the University of Bologna (Italy), followed by a Ph.D in Public Health (2003) from the University of Padua (Italy). From 1996 to 2000 she worked as a practitioner at a private veterinary clinic for pets (first aid 24/24h), where she was in charge of supervising the laboratory activities. From 2001 to 2004 she worked as a researcher at the Parasitology laboratory of IZSVe, dealing mainly with entomological surveillance on vector-borne diseases (Leishmaniosis, Bluetongue, West Nile). Since December 2004, she has been working at the serology and planned monitoring laboratory.
Alda Natale’s research interests include the serological diagnosis of infectious diseases of mammals, focusing on epidemiology and surveillance applied to some zoonotic diseases (Q fever, Leptospirosis, Chlamydioses, Leishmaniosis, Toxoplasmosis), dealing with whole diagnoses for some of them.
- Vascellari M, Ravagnan S, Carminato A, Cazzin S, Carli E, Da Rold G, Lucchese L, Natale A, Otranto D, Capelli G. (2016) Exposure to vector-borne pathogens in candidate blood donor and free-roaming dogs of northeast Italy. Parasit Vectors. Jun 29;9(1):369
- Lucchese L., Capello K., Barberio A., Ceglie L., Guerrini E., Zuliani F., Mion M., Stegeman A., Rampazzo E., Marangon S., Natale A. (2016) Evaluation of Serological Tests for Q Fever in Ruminants Using the Latent Class Analysis. Clin Res Inf Dis 3(2):1030
- Lucchese L., Benkirane A., Hakimi I., El Idrissi A., Natale A. (2016). Seroprevalence study of the main causes of abortion in dairy cattle in Morocco, Vet Ital 52(1):13-19
- Tagliabue S., Figarolli B.M., D’Incau M., Foschi G., Gennero M.S., Giordani R., Giordani R., Natale A., Papa P., Ponti N., Scaltrito D., Spadari L., Vesco G., Ruocco L. (2016) Serological surveillance of Leptospirosis in Italy: two year national data (2010-2011). Vet Ital 52(2):129-138
- Ceglie L., Guerrini E., Rampazzo E., Barberio A., Tilburg J.J., Hagen F., Lucchese L., Zuliani F., Marangon S., Natale A. (2015) Molecular characterization by MLVA of Coxiella burnetii strains infecting dairy cows and goats of North-eastern Italy. Microbes Infect 17(11-12):776-781
- Lucchese L., Capello K., Barberio A., Zuliani F., Stegeman A., Ceglie L., Guerrini E., Marangon S., Natale A. (2015) IFAT and ELISA phase I/phase II as tools for the identification of Q fever chronic milk shedders in cattle. Vet Microbiol 179(1-2):102-108
- Benkirane A., Essamkaoui S., El Idrissi A., Lucchese L., Natale A. (2015) A sero-survey of major infectious causes of abortion in small ruminants in Morocco. Vet Ital 51(1):25-30.
- Solano-Gallego L, Villanueva-Saz S, Carbonell M, Trotta M, Furlanello T, Natale A, 2014. Serological diagnosis of canine leishmaniosis: comparison of three commercial ELISA tests (Leiscan, ID Screen and Leishmania 96), a rapid test (Speed Leish K) and an in-house IFAT. Parasit Vectors. 24;7:111
- Mughini-Gras L, Bonfanti L, Natale A, Comin A, Ferronato A, La Greca E, Patregnani T, Lucchese L, Marangon S, 2013. Application of an integrated outbreak management plan for the control of leptospirosis in dairy cattle herds. Epidemiol. Infect.: 1-10.
- Monne I, Ceglie L, Di Martino G, Natale A, Zamprogna S, Morreale A, Rampazzo E, Cattoli G, Bonfanti L., 2013. Hepatitis E virus genotype 4 in a pig farm, Italy, 2013. Epidemiol Infect. 2014 May 15:1-5. [Epub ahead of print].
- Cassini R, Signorini M, Frangipane di Regalbono A, Natale A, Montarsi F, Zanaica M, Brichese M, Simonato G, Borgato S, Babiker A, Pietrobelli M, 2013. Preliminary study of the effects of preventive measures on the prevalence of Canine Leishmaniosis in a recently established focus in northern Italy. Vet. Ital. 49, 157-161.
- Natale A, Bucci G, Capello K, Barberio A, Tavella A, Nardelli S, Marangon S, Ceglie L, 2012. Old and new diagnostic approaches for Q fever diagnosis: correlation among serological (CFT, ELISA) and molecular analyses. Comp. Immunol. Microbiol. Infect. Dis. 35(4):375-379.
- Mutinelli F, Schiavon E, Ceglie L, Fasolato M, Natale A, Rampin F, Carminato A, 2011. Bovine besnoitiosis in imported cattle in Italy. Vet. Parasitol. 178(1-2):198.
- Natale A, Busani L, Comin A, De Rui S, Buffon L, Nardelli S, Marangon S, Ceglie L, 2009. First report of bovine Q-fever in north-eastern Italy: preliminary results. Clin. Microbiol. Infect. 15(2): 144-145.