|Department||SCT4 – Friuli Venezia Giulia|
|Phone||+39 0434 41405|
Denis Vio is a veterinarian. After graduating in Veterinary Medicine from Padua University, he attended a postgraduate course entitled, “ “Animal Health, Hygiene and Pathology of Aquatic Species and Hygiene of Fish Products”. At present, he works at the diagnostic service in Pordenone. His main fields of activity regard swine pathology and dairy cow pathology. Diagnostic activity is mainly linked to the isolation and identification of the main pathogens and the application of biomolecular methods for the detection of viruses causing respiratory and enteric diseases in swine. His laboratory activity is accompanied by consultations at swine farms. He is involved in research projects in both animal and food hygiene.
Since 2005 Denis Vio’s research interest is represented by swine pathology; in particular from 2008 to 2010, his research attention was focused on Salmonella both in reproduction and breeding farms. In the last few years his research field has switched to swine respiratory diseases, particularly the study of interactions between bacterial and viral agents causing respiratory diseases and the study and application of innovative diagnostic tools, as bronco-alveolar lavages and oral fluids.
Denis Vio is the Scientific Coordinator of the Research Project entitled RC IZSVe 11/12 Porcine Reproductive and Respiratory Syndrome Virus (PRRSV) and Porcine Circovirus type 2 (PCV2) to monitor the use of oral fluids by serological and molecular methods. This project aims to validate the use of oral fluids to detect PRRSV and PCV2 infections in pigs at different ages as well as to assess the value of oral-fluid diagnostics as a method of disease monitoring in weaning herds. He is also involved in other research projects regarding dairy cow pathologies and farmed salmonid pathologies.
- Conedera G., Ustulin M., Barco L., Bregoli M., Re E., Vio D. Outbreak of atipical Salmonella Choleraesuis in wild boars in North Eastern Italy in Trends in game meat hygiene, pag 151-159, Wageningen Academic Publisher, 2014, Eds: P. Paulsen, A. Bauer, F.J.M. Smulders.
- Conedera G., Targhetta C., Pierasco A., Ustulin M., Vio D. Risk of Shiga Toxin-producing Escherichia coli (STEC) in game meat and meat products In IAFP’s European Symposium on Food Safety, Budapest (H), 7-9 May 2014.
- Ustulin M., Cocchi M., Targhetta C., Pierasco A., Conedera G., Vio D. Study on phylogenetic groups of Escherichia coli strains involved in Edema Disease. pag 149, vol I. Proceedings IPVS, 2014.
- Vio D., Deotto S., Ustulin M., Di Giusto T., Conedera G., Cocchi M. Antimicrobial susceptibility in Escherichia coli isolated in edema disease episodes Pag 236 vol. II. Proceedings IPVS, 2014.
- Cocchi M., Di Giusto T., Deotto S., Ustulin M., Di Sopra G., Conedera G., Vio D. Expression of cellulose and curli fimbriae by Escherichia coli isolated from piglets with edema disease pag 148, vol I. Proceedings IPVS, 2014
- Conedera G., Vio D., Ustulin M., Londero M., Bregoli M., Perosa G., Rigo S., Simonato G., Marangon S., Interisano M., Gomez Morales M. A., Pozio E., Capelli G. Trichinella pseudospiralis in wildboars (Sus scrofa) of the Friuli Venezia Giulia Region In Wiener Klin Wochenschr (Suppl) Parasitological Day 2013, DOI 10.1007/s00508-014-0500-1.
- Bregoli M., Vio D., Turchetto S., Ustulin M., Conedera G. (2013). Le infezioni da Salmonella spp. nel cinghiale, Weidmannsheil, 5, 38-43.
- Targhetta C., Pierasco A., Ustulin M., Vio D., Caprioli A., Conedera G. Indagine su Escherichia coli produttori di Shiga-tossina (STEC) in allevamenti bovini del Friuli Venezia Giulia che producono latte crudo in XV Congresso Nazionale SIDiLV, p. 476-477. Monreale (PA) 23-25 ottobre 2013.
- Cocchi M., Deotto S., Di Giusto T., Di Sopra G., Conedera G., Vio D. Studio sull’espressione del biofilm, della cellulosa e delle fimbrie curli in ceppi di Salmonella spp. isolati da cinghiale in XV Congresso Nazionale SIDiLV, p. 187-188, Monreale (PA), 23-25 ottobre 2013.
- Conedera G., Vio D., Ustulin M., Londero M., Bregoli M., Perosa G., Rigo S., Simonato G., Marangon S., Pozio E., Capelli G. Trichinella pseudospiralis in a small wildboar farm of the Friuli Venezia Giulia Region In Parasitologische Fachesprache Parasitological Day 2013, Klagenfurt (A), 7 June 2013.