|Structure||SCS2 – Chemistry|
|Phone||+39 049 8084346|
Roberto Angeletti is Director of the Chemistry Department. After graduating in Chemistry from the University of Padua in 1984 he went on to specialize in Nuclear Chemistry in 1996. From 1987 to 1988 he cooperated with Istituto Zooprofilattico Sperimentale delle Venezie in the installation and start up of a laboratory for the detection of anabolic substances used in animal breeding. Since January 1989 he has worked at the Istituto, first as an employee with the task of running the laboratory, then, in 1999, as director of the laboratory, and finally, in 2006, as Director of the Chemistry department.
His main topic of research interest is the development of methods to detect residues of active substances illegally employed in breeding, mainly anabolics and auxinic substances. Several experimental protocols have been performed for residue depletion studies. Other research projects have been focused on studies of inorganic compound contamination, mainly in shellfish, crustaceans and other sea products. Finally, he has also investigated the use of technological additives. Recently his research activity has extended to “omics” techniques in the search for biological markers able to detect treatments with illegal substances.
Scientific collaborations are with the Istituti Zooprofilattici network and their reference laboratories as well as with the Italian National Health Institute (ISS) and other research centres outside the Italian national health service. Collaborations are also underway with national research teams, such as Padua University, and international groups such as ONIRIS-LABERCA laboratories in Nantes.
- Bille L., Binato G., Cappa V., Toson M., Dalla Pozza M., Arcangeli G., Ricci A., Angeletti R., Piro R. (2015) Lead, mercury and cadmium levels in edible marine molluscs and echinoderms from the Veneto Region (north-western Adriatic Sea – Italy). Food Control 50:362-370.
- Angeletti R., Binato G., Giudotti M., Morelli S., Pastorelli A.A., Sagratella E., Ciardullo S., Stacchini P. (2014) Cadmium bioaccumulation in Mediterranean spider crab (Maya squinado): Human consumption and health implications for exposure in Italian population. Chemoshere 100 (2014) 83 -88
- Gallocchio F., Basilicata L., Benetti C., Angeletti R., Binato G. (2014) Multi-residue determination of eleven anticoagulant rodenticides by high-performance liquid chromatography with diode array/fluorimetric detection: Investigation of suspected animal poisoning in the period 2012-2013 in north-eastern Italy. Forensic Sci.Int. 244:63-69.
- Stella R., Arrigoni G., Biancotto G., Krogh M., Vascellari M., Lega F., Pozza G., Angeletti R., Andrighetto I., James P. (2014) Confirmation of protein biomarkers of corticosteroids treatment in veal calves sampled under field conditions. J.Proteome Res. 13(4):1794-1799.
- Biancotto G., Stella R., Pozza G., Stefani A., Lega F., Angeletti R. (2013) Sub-therapeutic treatments of bulls with dexamethasone: direct and indirect markers of treatment. Food Addit Contam.Part A.Chem.Anal.Control.Expo.Risk Assess. 30(3):430-442.
- Galarini R., Moretti S., Giusepponi D., Saluti G., Biancotto G., Angeletti R. (2013) Residual study in liver and in bile after a growth-promoting treatment in bulls. In: 6th International Symposium on Recent Advances in Food Analysis – RAFA 2013 – Book of Abstracts. Prague, Czech Republic, 5-8 November, 2013, 461. (poster)
- Lega F., Contiero L., Biancotto G., Angeletti R. (2013) Determination of thyreostats in muscle and thyroid tissues by QuEChERS extraction and ultra-performance liquid chromatography tandem mass spectrometry. Food Addit Contam.Part A.Chem.Anal.Control.Expo.Risk Assess. 30(6):949-957.
- Segato G., Benetti C., Angeletti R., Montesissa C., Biancotto G. (2011) Doxycycline and sulfadimethoxine transfer from cross-contaminated feed to chicken tissues. Food Addit Contam.Part A.Chem.Anal.Control.Expo.Risk Assess. :1-9.
- Stella R., Biancotto G., Krogh M., Angeletti R., Pozza G., Sorgato M.C., James P., Andrighetto I. (2011) Protein expression changes in skeletal muscle in response to growth promoter abuse in beef cattle. J.Proteome Res. 10(6):2744-2757.
- Cocchi M., Vascellari M., Gallina A., Agnoletti F., Angeletti R., Mutinelli F. (2010) Canine nephrotoxicosis induced by melamine-contaminated pet food in Italy. J.Vet.Med.Sci. 72(1):103-107.