|Department||SCS0 – Training, Communication and Support Services|
|Phone||+39 048 8084256|
Since July 2020 Laura Bortolotti is veterinarian manager of the Pre-analytical Processes Laboratory of the SCS0 – Training, communication and support services of the Istituto Zooprofilattico Sperimentale delle Venezie (IZSVe). She supervise the flow of samples between the territorial sections and the headquarters of the IZSVe, their proper storage and traceability. She’s responsible for the acceptance of samples and the cash desk service with the issuance and collection of invoices. She also coordinates the procedures for receiving and sending samples among all the peripheral diagnostic laboratories of the IZSVe.
In 1989, Laura Bortolotti obtained the degree in Veterinary Medicine from the University of Bologna and, in 1996, Master’s Degree in Veterinary law and legislation from the University of Milan. She was hired in 1993 as an associate veterinarian at the IZSVe diagnostic Section of Treviso, becoming assistant veterinary director of the Diagnostics laboratory in 1999. Her main activities and responsibilities were the diagnosis of animal diseases, especially of the rabbit, and the coordination of serological examinations. From 2001 to 2020 she has been head of the Database and animal records management laboratory.
From 2002 to 2020 she was enaged in management of the Regional Livestock Database of the Veneto Region and of the Regional Pets registry . During those years she coordinated controls by the competent authorities, at the farms and slaughterhouses of the Veneto Region, to identify, register and trace animals (cattle, sheep, goats, horses and pigs); she was responsible for standardizing controls, training workers, implementing the data collection system, and exchanging information with the regional authorities that run community (EU) aid schemes. She is an expert in the design of information systems on animal traceability and in data quality analysis. She is an experienced advisor in animal traceability and identification systems for the Veneto Region.
In 2009-2010 she held the course entitled, “Production and Information Management in Public Health Veterinary Medicine” at the University of Bologna. From 2007-2017 she gave 30 invited lectures at public and private institutions, regarding identification and registration systems for cattle, pigs, sheep, horses and pets. Organization and teaching of 6 seminars with 18 training sessions on dog identification and traceability and 12 seminars with 77 training sessions on livestock identification and traceability systems.
- Bortolotti L., Mancin M., Verza N., Stefani A., Zampieri A., Balıkçı Dorotea S. and Marangon S. The feasibility of using passive injectable transponders in field operations for individual identification of sheep in Italy. 2018 Italian Journal of Animal Science, DOI: 10.1080/1828051X.2018.1448725
- Bortolotti L., Lanari M., Camerini A., Pasinato L., Pengo M., Trimarchi D. , Fabris C. Biting dogs: a data collection model. Proceedings 8th Annual EPIZONE meeting, Copenhagen, Denmark -23-25 September 2014 (poster, abstract)
- Bortolotti L, Pengo M, Zamprogna S, Rizzo S, Gagliazzo L, Favero L, Bonfanti L., Aujeszy’s disease management in the Veneto Region: an example of public-private healthcare partnership, Proceedings 6th European Symposium of Porcine Health Management, Sorrento – 7-9 maggio 2014 (poster, abstract)
- Bortolotti L, Cobianchi M, Breda T, Favero L, Ruocco L, Marangon S.. Sylvatic rabies epidemic in Italy: implementation of a data management system to assess the level of application of preventive dog vaccination, Pathogens and Global Health, 2013, 107 NO. 7, 354-360
- BortolottiL L., Zampieri A., Miatto A., Esperienza pratica di utilizzo di transponder iniettabili in un gregge di ovini di razza Ouessant, Large Animal Review 2013; 19: 219-223 223
- Bortolotti L., Favero L., Bonfanti L., Comin A., Marangon S., Implementation of an information system for the traceability of live decoy birds, Avian Dis., 2012, 56, 4 Suppl 1: 1021-1024, American Association of Avian Pathologists, Athens, United Kingdom
- Bortolotti L., Cobianchi M., Rostellato D., Dalla Pozza M., Favero L., Marangon S., Centralized Database for poultry farms: a public-private synergy, Epizone 6th Annual Meeting “Viruses on the move”. Brighton 12-14 giugno 2012 (poster, abstract) EED2
- Bortolotti L., Rizzo S., Favero L., Bonfanti L. Marangon S., Surveillance in decoy birds: implementation of an information system for the traceability, 8th International Symposium on Avian Influenza University of London, UK 01-04 Aprile 2012 (oral presentation) –(130)
- Bortolotti L., Lanari M., Brichese M., Cobianchi M., Cazzola L., Zampieri A., Marangon S., Rabies re-emergence in Northern Italy: development of a regional system for centralized data management of dog vaccinations, ICAHS 2011 “Epidemiologie & Santé Animale” Lyon, France, 17-20 Maggio 2011 (poster, abstract) – (35-37)
- Bortolotti L., Pengo M., Lanari M., Cobianchi M., Favero L., Zampieri A., Marangon S., Rabies outbreak in the Veneto Region: implementation of an informations system to gather data on vaccination in domestic animals, 5th Annual Meeting EPIZONE “Science on alert” Arnhem, The Netherlands, 11-14 Aprile 2011 (poster, abstract) – (ES33).