|Structure||SCT4 – Friuli Venezia Giulia|
|Phone||+39 0432 561529|
Monia Cocchi is a veterinarian, head of the diagnostic service of the Istituto Zooprofilattico Sperimentale delle Venezie’s (IZSVe) peripheral laboratory of Udine. She is mainly involved in research activities on microbiology (i.e. antimicrobial resistance and biofilm formation).
After the degree in Veterinary Medicine at the Bologna University, here she has attended a the three-year Postgraduate School of “Animal Health, Breeding and Productions”, and, in 2007, she has attended the tree-year Postgraduate School in “Animal Health, Hygiene and pathology of aquatic species and hygiene of fish products” at the Udine University. Currently, she is attending a II level Master degree course in Dairy Production Medicine at the University of Perugia,
Her research interests cover microbiology and pathology of bovine and pet species. Her research activity focuses on bacteriological diseases both of large and small animals and antimicrobial resistance studies of some veterinary pathogens with particular interest in bovine mastitis and diseases of pets. In addition, she is studying pathogens in vitro biofilm formation and the antimicrobial concentration eradicating biofilm formation.
- Monia Cocchi, Tiziana Di Giusto, Marica Toson, Silvia Deotto, Martina Ustulin, Gabriella Conedera, Denis Vio. Biofilm formation, production of cellulose and curli fimbriae in Escherichia coli strains isolated during edema disease of swine. Large Animal Review, 2017. 55-58.
- Lucilla Cucco, Francesca Romana Massacci, Carla Sebastiani, Piermario Mangili, Luca Bano, Monia Cocchi, Andrea Luppi, Roberta Ortenzi, Giovanni Pezzotti and Chiara Francesca Magistrali. “Molecular characterization and antimicrobial susceptibility of Pasteurella multocida strains isolated from hosts affected by various diseases in Italy”. Veterinaria Italiana 2017, 53 (1), 21-27. doi: 10.12834/VetIt.661.3256.2
- Monia Cocchi Gabrita De Zan Tiziana Di Giusto Silvia Deotto Tobia Pretto Amedeo Manfrin Romina Brunetta Anna Toffan. 2018 “Systemic polymicrobic infection involving Shewanella putrefaciens group in koi” Journal of Fish Diseases. Vol. 41. Issue 12. 1929-1931.
- Bille L, Toson M, Bordin P, Venuti M, Casarotto C, Benetti C, Lega F, Cocchi M, Palei M, Arcangeli G and Dalla Pozza M (2016). Correlation between the occurrence of Dinophysis sp. blooms and Okadaic acid presence in mussels farmed in marine environment of north-eastern Italy: a preliminary study. Front. Vet. Sci. Conference Abstract: AquaEpi I – 2016. doi: 10.3389/conf.FVETS.2016.02.00061.
- Alexander Tavella, Astrid Bettini, Monia Cocchi, Ilda Idrizi, Stefano Colorio, Laura Viel, Claudia Zanardello, and Patrik Zanolari. “Isolation of Streptococcus agalactiae in a female llama (Lama glama) in South Tyrol (Italy)”. BMC Veterinary Research (2018) 14:343
- Patrizia Danesi, Michela Corro`, Christian Falcaro, Antonio Carminato, Tommaso Furlanello, Monia Cocchi, Mark B. Krockenberger, Wieland Meyer, Gioia Capelli and Richard Malik “Molecular detection of Pneumocystis in the lungs of cats” Medical Mycology, 2018, 0, 1–12. doi: 10.1093/mmy/myy139.
- De Zan, C. Zanardello, G. Capelli, G. Binato, G. Gaspardis, E. Gabassi, M. Cocchi. First report of fatal autochthonous canine angiostrongylosis in Northeastern Italy. Poster. Proceedings. Abstract published on Journal of Comparative Pathology: J. Comp. Path. 2019, Vol. 166, 132.
- Monia Cocchi, S. Deotto, G. De Zan, L. Zandonà, N. Moro. Septicaemic spread and mastitis due to Erysipelothrix rhusiopathiae in a goat. Proceedings. Abstract published on Journal of Comparative Pathology: J. Comp. Path. 2019, Vol. 166, 136
- Fabrizio Agnoletti, Giuseppe Arcangeli, Fabrizio Barbanti, Lisa Barco, Romina Brunetta, Monia Cocchi, Gabriella Conedera, Laura D’Este, Ilenia Drigo, Patrizia Spigaglia, Elena Mazzolini. Survey, characterization and antimicrobial susceptibility of Clostridium difficile from marine bivalve shellfish of North Adriatic Sea. International Journal of Food Microbiology 298 (2019) 74–80
- Monistero, A. Barberio, F. Biscarini, P. Cremonesi, B. Castiglioni, H. U. Graber, E. Bottini, A. Ceballos-Marquez, V. Kroemker, I. M. Petzer, C. Pollera, C. Santisteban, M. Veiga Dos Santos, V. Bronzo, R. Piccinini,1 G. Re, M. Cocchi, and P. Moroni. Different distribution of antimicrobial resistance genes and virulence profiles of Staphylococcus aureus strains isolated from clinical mastitis in six countries. 2020. J. Dairy Sci. 103:3431–3446.