|Department||SCT2 – Treviso, Belluno e San Donà di Piave|
|Phone||+39 0422 302302|
Drigo Ilenia graduated in Biological Sciences at the University of Trieste in 2001 and continued his postgraduate training working at the hospital Burlo Garofolo for four years as part of a research project on the resistance and sensitivity to glucocorticoids in paediatric patients. Since 2006 he began working as biologist at the Istituto Zooprofilattico Sperimentale delle Venezie in the Laboratory of Molecular Biology of the peripheral diagnostic laboratory 2 (SCT2) of Treviso. In September of 2011 she obtained a specialization in microbiology and virology at the University of Padua. Currently she is an executive biologist at the SCT2.
Her diagnostic and research activities involve the application of molecular biology techniques in the diagnosis of viral and bacterial diseases and in the molecular characterization of strains of pathogenic bacteria.
She leads scientific research project founded by the ministry of health and collaborate in international research project aimed to study the animal botulism pathogenesis.
- Drigo I., Mazzolini E., Bacchin C., Tonon E., Puiatti C., Bano L., Spigaglia P., Barbanti F., Agnoletti F. (2015) Molecular characterization and antimicrobial susceptibility of Clostridium difficile isolated from rabbits raised for meat production. Vet Microbiol. 181:303-307.
- Bano L., Drigo I., Tonon E., Berto G., Tavella A., Woudstra C., Capello K., Agnoletti F. (2015) Evidence for a natural humoral response in dairy cattle affected by persistent botulism sustained by non-chimeric type C strains. Anaerobe 36:25-9
- Rota A., Corrò M., Drigo I., Bortolami A., Börjesson S. Isolation of coagulase-positive staphylococci from bitches’ colostrum and milk and genetic typing of methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus pseudintermedius strains. BMC Vet Res. 2015 Jul 23;1
- Magistrali CF., Maresca C., Cucco L., Bano L., Drigo I., Filippini G., Dettori A., Broccatelli S., Pezzotti G. (2015) Prevalence and risk factors associated with Clostridium difficile shedding in veal calves in Italy. Anaerobe 33: 42-47
- Spigaglia P., Drigo I., Barbanti F., Mastrantonio P., Bano L., Bacchin C., Puiatti C., Tonon E., Berto G., Agnoletti F. (2015) Antibiotic resistance patterns and PCR-ribotyping of Clostridium difficile strains isolated from swine and dogs in Italy. Anaerobe 31: 42-46
- Lucchini R., Armani M., Novelli E., Rodas S., Masiero A., Minenna J., Bacchin C., Drigo I., Piovesana A., Favretti M., Rocca M., Zambon U., Farina G. (2014) Listeria monocytogenes in game meat cured sausage. In: P. Paulsen, A. Bauer and F.J.M. Smulder (eds.). Trends in game meat hygene pp 167-174. DOI 10.3920/978-90-8686-238-2_12 Wageningen Academic Publisher
- Janezic S, Zidaric V, Pardon B, Indra A, Kokotovic B, Blanco JL, Seyboldt C, Diaz CR, Poxton IR, Perreten V, Drigo I, Jiraskova A, Ocepek M, Weese JS, Songer JG, Wilcox MH, Rupnik M. (2014) International Clostridium difficile animal strain collection and large diversity of animal associated strains. BMC Microbiology 14:173.
- Danesi P, Drigo I, Iatta R, Firacative C, Capelli G, Cafarchia C, Meyer W. (2014) MALDI-TOF MS for the identification of veterinary non-C. neoformans-C. gattii Cryptococcus spp. isolates from Italy. Med Mycol. 52(6):659-666
- Agnoletti F., Mazzolini E., Bacchin C., Bano L., Berto G., Rigoli R., Muffato G., Coato P., Tonon E., Drigo I. (2014) First reporting of Methicillin-Resistant Staphylococcus aureus (MRSA) ST398 in an industrial rabbit holding and in farm-related people. Vet. Micr 170 (1-2):172-177
- Bano L., Drigo I., Tonon E., Giovanardi D., Morandini E., Agnoletti F. (2013) Rice Hulls as a possible source of Clostridium botulinum type C spores for poultry. Veterinary Records 173: 427-428