|Department||SCT2 – Treviso, Belluno e San Donà di Piave|
|Phone||+39 0422 302302|
Drigo Ilenia graduated in Biological Sciences at the University of Trieste in 2001 and continued his postgraduate training working at the hospital Burlo Garofolo for four years as part of a research project on the resistance and sensitivity to glucocorticoids in paediatric patients. Since 2006 he began working as biologist at the Istituto Zooprofilattico Sperimentale delle Venezie in the Laboratory of Molecular Biology of the peripheral diagnostic laboratory 2 (SCT2) of Treviso. In September of 2011 she obtained a specialization in microbiology and virology at the University of Padua. Currently she is an executive biologist at the SCT2.
Her diagnostic and research activities involve the application of molecular biology techniques in the diagnosis of viral and bacterial diseases and in the molecular characterization of strains of pathogenic bacteria.
She leads scientific research project founded by the ministry of health and collaborate in international research project aimed to study the animal botulism pathogenesis.
- MacFadyen AC, Drigo I, Harrison EM, Parkhill J, Holmes MA and Paterson GK. Staphylococcus caeli sp. nov., isolated from air sampling in an industrial rabbit holding. Int J Syst Evol Microbiol 2018. In press
- Bano L, Tonon E, Drigo I, Pirazzini M, Guolo A, Farina G, Agnoletti F, Montecucco C. Detection of Clostridium tetani Neurotoxins Inhibited In Vivo by Botulinum Antitoxin B: Potential for Misleading Mouse Test Results in Food Controls. Toxins (Basel). 2018 Jun 19;10(6).
- Agnoletti F, Brunetta R, Bano L, Drigo I, Mazzolini E. Longitudinal study on antimicrobial consumption and resistance in rabbit farming. Int J Antimicrob Agents 2018, 51 (2): 197-205.
- Bano L, Drigo I, Tonon E, Pascoletti S, Puiatti C, Anniballi F, Auricchio B, Lista F, Montecucco C, Agnoletti F. Identification and characterization of Clostridium botulinum group III field strains by matrix-assisted laser desorption-ionization time-of-flight mass spectrometry (MALDI-TOF MS). Anaerobe 2017, (48):126-134.
- Drigo I., Mazzolini E., Bacchin C., Tonon E., Puiatti C., Bano L., Spigaglia P., Barbanti F., Agnoletti F. Molecular characterization and antimicrobial susceptibility of Clostridium difficile isolated from rabbits raised for meat production. Vet Microbiol. 181(3-4):303-7, 2015.
- Bano L, Drigo I, Tonon E, Berto G, Tavella A, Woudstra C, Capello K, Agnoletti F. Evidence for a natural humoral response in dairy cattle affected by persistent botulism sustained by non-chimeric type C strains. Anaerobe 36:25-9, 2015.
- Spigaglia P, Drigo I, Barbanti F, Mastrantonio P, Bano L, Bacchin C, Puiatti C, Tonon E, Berto G, Agnoletti F. Antibiotic resistance patterns and PCR-ribotyping of Clostridium difficile strains isolated from swine and dogs in Italy. Anaerobe 31: 42-46, 2015.
- Danesi P, Drigo I, Iatta R, Firacative C, Capelli G, Cafarchia C, Meyer W. MALDI-TOF MS for the identification of veterinary non-C. neoformans-C. gattii Cryptococcus spp. isolates from Italy. Med Mycol. 52(6):659-666, 2014.
- Agnoletti F., Mazzolini E., Bacchin C., Bano L., Berto G., Rigoli R., Muffato G., Coato P., Tonon E., Drigo I. First reporting of Methicillin-Resistant Staphylococcus aureus (MRSA) ST398 in an industrial rabbit holding and in farm-related people. Vet. Micr 170 (1-2):172-177, 2014.
- Drigo I., Bacchin C., Tonon E., Mazzolini E., Bano L., Bonci M., Favretti M., Marcati M., Rossetto K., Cocchi M., Agnoletti F. Prevalence of Clostridium difficile in retail meat products in North-Eastern Italy. Clin. Microbiol. Infect. 16 (2): S38, 2010