|Department||SCS2 – Chemistry|
|Phone||+39 049 8084344|
Albino Gallina graduated in Chemistry – University of Padua and attended the postgraduate school in “Methods of chemical control and analysis” – University of Padua. Since 2006, he has been a Chemistry manager of the SCS2 – Chemistry, Laboratory of Food toxicology and for the National Reference Centre for Beekeeping, hosted by the SCS3 – Diagnostic services, histopathology, parasitology.
His research activities deal with the study and development of analytical methods related to: the composition and conservation of food; chemical additives in food, and chemical-physical and residual characteristics of beekeeping products.
He is involved in the following research projects funded by the Italian Ministry of Health: “New toxins in the dish: development and validation of analytical methods for the determination of plant toxins potentially present in food and application to real samples” (2017) and “Microplastics in food. Development and validation of analytical methods for their determination and identification in food and application to real samples” (2018).
- Martinello M., Borin A., Stella R., Bovo D., Biancotto G., Gallina A., Mutinelli F. “Development and validation of a QuEChERS method coupled to liquid chromatography and high resolution mass spectrometry to determine pyrrolizidine and tropane alkaloids in honey”. Food Chemistry, 2017, 234: 295–302
- Martinello M., Baratto C., Manzinello C., Piva E., Borin A., Toson M., Granato A., Boniotti M.B., Gallina A., Mutinelli F. “Spring mortality in honey bees in northeastern Italy: detection of pesticides and viruses in dead honey bees and other matrices”. Journal of Apicultural Research, 2017, 56(3), 239–254
- Mutinelli F., La Mancusa F., Grasso M., Giuliano A., Gallina A., Maroni Ponti A., Toson M. “Plastic film wrapped supers full of honey are frozen in an extraction facility as a sanitizing measure against Aethina tumida”. Journal of Apicultural Research, 2017, 56(2): 168-171
- Martinello M., Gallina A., Dainese N., Manzinello C., Borin A., Mutinelli F., “Introduzione di un tenore massimo di piombo nel miele: valutazione della contaminazione dal 2005 ad oggi nel nord-est dell’Italia e prospettive future”. Industrie Alimentari, 2016, 564 (55): 13-17
- Martinello M., Dainese N., Manzinello C., Borin A., Gallina A., Mutinelli F. “Retrospective evaluation of lead contamination in honey from 2005 to present in northeastern Italy and future perspectives in the light of updated legislation”. Food Additives & Contaminants: Part B, 2016, 9(3):198-202
- Porrini C., Mutinelli F., Bortolotti L., Granato A., Laurenson L., Roberts K., Gallina A., Silvester N., Medrzycki P., Renzi T., Sgolastra F., Lodesani M. “The Status of Honey Bee Health in Italy: Results from the Nationwide Bee Monitoring Network” PLoS One, 2016, 11(5):e0155411
- Draiaia R., Dainese N., Borin A., Manzinello C., Gallina A., Mutinelli F. “Physicochemical parameters and antibiotics residuals in Algerian honey”. African Journal of Biotechnology, 2015, 14(14):1242-1251
- Pezzuto A., Losasso C., Mancin M., Gallocchio F., Piovesana A., Binato G., Gallina A., Marangon A., Mioni R., Favretti M., Ricci A., “Food safety concerns deriving from the use of silver based food packaging materials: a case study”. Frontiers in Microbiology, 2015, 6: 01109
- Boscolo Papo M., Maccatrozzo L., Bertotto D., Pascoli F., Negrato E., Poltronieri C., Binato G., Gallina A., Radaelli G., “Expression of CYP4 and GSTr genes in Venerupis philippinarumexposed to benzo(a)pyrene”, Annals of Anatomy, 2014, 196(4), 241-246
- Martinello M., Cristofoli C., Gallina A., Mutinelli F., “Easy and rapid method for the quantitative determination of pyrrolizidine alkaloids in honey by ultra performance liquid chromatography-mass spectrometry: An evaluation in commercial honey”, Food Control, 2014, 37: 146-152