|Department||SCS1 – Microbiology|
|Phone||+39 049 58084194|
Federica Gallocchio is a senior scientist at the Istituto Zooprofilattico Sperimentale delle Venezie (IZSVe), SCS1- Risk analysis and public health surveillance. She graduated in Chemistry and Pharmaceutical Techniques and obtained her PhD in Pharmaceutical Science at Padova University. She completed the specialization diploma in Food Science and Nutrition at the University of Padua in 2012. She has been working at the IZSVe since 2007, where she has been dealing with the development and validation of analytical methods for the detection of organic and inorganic contaminants in food and feed.
Her research field focuses on the development of analytical methods for the detection of inorganic (heavy metals) and organic contaminants (pesticides, PCB, PFAS, biotoxin) in food and feed by means of AAS, ICP-MS, liquid or gas chromatography coupled with mass spectrometry. Since 2013, she has been involved in several projects dealing with the detection and characterization of inorganic nanoparticles in complex matrices by means of AAS, ICP-MS, single particle ICP-MS and hyphenate technique like Asymmetric Field Flow Fractionaction-UV Vis/DLS/ICP-MS.
She is currently involved in the following national research projects: “Nanoparticles bioaccumulation in edible mussels: methodological assessment for the evaluation of environmental and consumers’ exposure”; “Interaction between nanoparticles and pollutants in the marine environment: methodological assessment to evaluate consumers’ exposure trough marine food web”. She has ongoing collaborations with Rikilt-WUR, Institute of Food Safety, Wageningen, the Netherlands; Università degli studi di Padova, Dipartimento di Scienze Farmaceutiche (Italy); Università degli studi di Ferrara, Dipartimento di Scienze Chimiche e Farmaceutiche (Italy).
- Gallocchio F, Biancotto G., Cibin V.,Losasso C., Belluco S., Peters R., van Bemmel G., Cascio C., Weigel S., Tromp P.,Gobbo F., Catania S., and Ricci A. Transfer Study of Silver Nanoparticles in Poultry Production. J. Agric. Food Chem 2017, DOI: 10.1021/acs.jafc.7b00670.
- Bille L, Toson M, Mulatti P, Dalla Pozza M, Capolongo F, Casarotto C, Ferrè N, Angeletti R, Gallocchio F, Binato G. Epidemiology of animal poisoning: An overview on the features and spatio-temporal distribution of the phenomenon in the north-eastern Italian regions. Forensic Sci Int. 2016 Jul 11;266:440-448. doi: 10.1016/j.forsciint.2016.07.002.
- Gallocchio F, Cibin V, Biancotto G, Roccato A, Muzzolon O, Carmen L, Simone B, Manodori L, Fabrizi A, Patuzzi I, Ricci A. Testing nano-silver food packaging to evaluate silver migration and food spoilage bacteria on chicken meat. Food Addit Contam Part A Chem Anal Control Expo Risk Assess. 2016 Jun;33(6):1063-71. doi: 10.1080/19440049.2016.1179794.
- Gallocchio F, Belluco S, Ricci A. Nanotechnology and food: brief overview of the current scenario. Procedia Food Science 5 (2015) 85 – 88.
- Belluco S, Losasso C, Patuzzi I, Rigo L, Conficoni D, Gallocchio F, Cibin V, Catellani P, Segato S, Ricci A. Silver As Antibacterial toward Listeria monocytogenes. Front Microbiol. 2016 Mar 7;7:307. doi: 10.3389/fmicb.2016.00307. eCollection 2016.
- Pezzuto A, Losasso C, Mancin M, Gallocchio F, Piovesana A, Binato G, Gallina A, Marangon A, Mioni R, Favretti M, Ricci A. Food safety concerns deriving from the use of silver based food packaging materials. Front Microbiol. 2015 Oct 9;6:1109. doi: 10.3389/fmicb.2015.01109. eCollection 2015.
- Gallocchio F, Basilicata L, Benetti C, Angeletti R, Binato G. Multi-residue determination of eleven anticoagulant rodenticides by high-performance liquid chromatography with diode array/fluorimetric detection: investigation of suspected animal poisoning in the period 2012-2013 in north-eastern Italy. Forensic Sci Int. 2014 Nov;244:63-9. doi: 10.1016/j.forsciint.2014.08.012. Epub 2014 Aug 20.
- Losasso C, Belluco, S, Cibin V, Zavagnin P, Mičetić I, Gallocchio F, Zanella M, Bregoli L, Biancotto G, Ricci A. Antibacterial activity of silver nanoparticles: Sensitivity of different Salmonella serovars. Frontiers in Microbiology Volume 5, Issue May, 2014
- De Liguoro M, Bona MD, Gallina G, Capolongo F, Gallocchio F, Binato G, Di Leva V. A monitoring of chemical contaminants in waters used for field irrigation and livestock watering in the Veneto region (Italy), using bioassays as a screening tool. Environ Sci Pollut Res Int. 2014 Mar;21(5):3546-57. doi: 10.1007/s11356-013-2357-7. Epub 2013 Nov 24.
- Miolo G, Gallocchio F, Levorato L, Dalzoppo D, Beyersbergen van Henegouwen GM, Caffieri S. UVB photolysis of betamethasone and its esters: characterization of photoproducts in solution, in pig skin and in drug formulations. J Photochem Photobiol B. 2009 Jul 17;96(1):75-81. doi: 10.1016/j.jphotobiol.2009.04.007. Epub 2009 May 3.