|Department||SCS4 – Epidemiology|
|Phone||+39 049 8084252|
Paolo Mulatti is currently executive veterinarian at the SCS4 Epidemiology – Laboratory of Epidemiological Surveillance, Veterinary Legislation and Animal Welfare.
He graduated in Veterinary medicine at the University of Padua (2003), and obtained a PhD in Public health, farms and animal products hygiene in 2007 (University of Padua). In 2010, he concluded a post-graduate school in Animal health at University of Bologna, and in 2012 he graduated in the Master of Science Course in Quantitative skills in applied ecology, epidemiology and conservation biology (University of Glasgow).
Since 2004, he has been working at IZSVe, first in the context of the PhD then as Fellow, and, since 2015, as executive veterinarian. His work is mainly aimed at providing epidemiological support to regional and national surveillance programs, and at designing national and international research projects. His research activities are related to study infectious disease transmission dynamics, of both directly transmitted and vector-borne diseases. In particular, his main interest is to study ecological aspects of infectious diseases, concerning both the assessment of the effect of environmental/climatic drivers on disease introduction and re-activation, and the analysis of population dynamics in animal hosts and arthropod vectors.
He has been involved in research and collaboration projects both national and international, and he participated as lecturer in training courses organized in cooperation with international agencies as FAO and WOAH. He is author and co-author of more than 100 scientific publications including peer-reviewed articles, and proceedings of national and international conferences.
- Cassini R, Mulatti P, Zanardello C, Simonato G, Signorini M, Cazzin S, Tambalo P, Cobianchi M, Pietrobelli M, Capelli G (2014). Retrospective and spatial analysis tools for integrated surveillance of cystic echinococcosis and bovine cysticercosis in hypo-endemic areas. Health 8:509–515.
- Mulatti P, Mazzucato M, Montarsi F, Ciocchetta S, Capelli G, Bonfanti L, Marangon S (2014): Retrospective space-time analysis methods to support West Nile Virus surveillance activities. Epidemiology and Infection. doi:10.1017/S0950268814000442
- Mughini-Gras L, Bonfanti L, Mulatti P, Monne I, Guberti V, Cordioli P, Marangon S (2014). Environmental Correlates of H5N2 Low Pathogenicity Avian Influenza Outbreak Heterogeneity in Domestic Poultry in Italy. PLoS ONE, 9(1):e86788. doi: 10.1371/journal.pone.0086788.
- Mulatti P, Ferguson HM, Bonfanti L, Montarsi F, Capelli G, Marangon S (2014). Determinants of the population growth of the West Nile virus mosquito vector Culex pipiens in a repeatedly affected area in Italy. Parasites & Vectors, 7(1):26. doi:10.1186/1756-3305-7-26
- Mulatti P, Bonfanti L, Patregnani T, Lorenzetto M, Ferrè N, Gagliazzo L, Casarotto C, Maroni Ponti A, Ferri G, Marangon S (2013). 2008 – 2011 sylvatic rabies epidemic in Italy : challenges and experiences. Pathogens and Global Health, 107(7), 346–353. doi:10.1179/2047772413Z.000000000175
- Mughini-Gras L, Mulatti P, Severini F, Boccolini D, Romi R, Bongiorno G, Khoury C, Bianchi R, Montarsi F, Patregnani T, Bonfanti L, Rezza G, Capelli G, Busani L (2013). Ecological Niche Modelling of Potential West Nile Virus Vector Mosquito Species and Their Geographical Association with Equine Epizootics in Italy. Ecohealth. doi: 10.1007/s10393-013-0878-7
- Mulatti P, Bonfanti L, Capelli G, Capello K, Lorenzetto M, Terregino C, Monaco F, Ferri G, Marangon S. (2013) West Nile Virus in North-Eastern Italy, 2011: Entomological and Equine IgM-Based Surveillance to Detect Active Virus Circulation. Zoonoses and Public Health, 60(5):375-382. doi: 10.1111/zph.12013
- Mulatti P, Müller T, Bonfanti L, Marangon S. (2012). Emergency oral rabies vaccination of foxes in Italy in 2009-2010: identification of residual rabies foci at higher altitudes in the Alps. Epidemiol Infect. 140:591-598. doi:10.1017/S0950268811001282.
- Mulatti P, Ferrè N, Patregnani T, Bonfanti L, Marangon S. (2011). Geographical information systems in the management of the 2009-2010 emergency oral anti-rabies vaccination of foxes in north-eastern Italy. Geospatial Health 5(2):217-226
- Mulatti P, Kitron U, Jacquez GM, Busani L, Mannelli A, Marangon S (2010). Evaluation of the risk of neighbourhood infection of H7N1 Highly Pathogenic Avian Influenza in Italy using Q statistic. Preventive Veterinary Medicine 95:267–274