|Department||SCS0 – Training, Communication and Support Services|
|Phone||+39 049 8084256|
Giandomenico Pozza graduated in Veterinary Medicine and holds a post-graduate diploma in Inspection of Food of Animal Origin. He is a veterinarian at the Istituto Zooprofilattico Sperimentale delle Venezie (IZSVe) and is Head of the Support Health Services Laboratory of the SCS0– Training, Communication and Support Services Departiment. He is the IZSVe Biosecurity Manager and the Head of BSL3 Laboratory.
His main fields of activity concern the management of samples (handling, labelling, tracking, and temperature monitoring) according to safety and security procedures, and data management (in particular, electronic management systems for controlling and tracking samples). He is responsible for organizing and managing the BSL3 laboratory to be at the service of the IZSVe’s researchers, and for designing a centralized sample repository. He is the IZSVe Biosecurity Manager and coordinates the activities of the IZSVe’s Biosafety Committee.
He has been principal investigator of research projects funded by the Italian Ministry of Health. The main research interests concern the management of samples and related data, laboratory organization, biosafety/biosecurity and social epidemiology.
- Pozza; A. Pinto; S. Crovato; G. Mascarello; L. Bano; M. Dacasto; A. Battisti; B. Bartoli; L. Ravarotto; S. Marangon (2020) Antimicrobial use and antimicrobial resistance: standpoint and prescribing behaviour of Italian cattle and pig veterinarians. Italian Journal of Animal Science ( IF 1.805 ) Pub Date : 2020-08-25 , DOI: 10.1080/1828051x.2020.1807419
- Beato,M.S.; Pozza,G.; Ellero,F.; Milan,F.; Gallo,C.; Senarigo,F.; Zanella,D.; Carnieletto,P.; Ricci,A. (2019). The Nagoya Protocol and veterinary science: the border between diagnosis and research. 2019, XXXVIII Annual Meeting ECCO 2019 Microorganisms as tools to win the current societal challenges and support European strategies in bioeconomy, Conference Proceedings, 60-61, Torino, Italy
- Pozza,G.; Cappellozza,E.; Pasotto,M.; Ravarotto,L. (2019). Managing shared BSL3 laboratories: the IZSVe experience. 2019, 22nd Annual Conference of the European Biosafety Association – Burning topics in Biosafety, 93, Bucharest, Romania
- Contalbrigo,L., Borgo,S., Pozza,G., Marangon,S. (2017). Data distribution in public veterinary service: health and safety challenges push for contextaware systems. BMC Vet Res. 2017 Dec 22;13(1):397. doi:10.1186/s12917-017-1320-0
- Pozza, G., Borgo, S., Oltramari, A., Contalbrigo, L. and Marangon, S. (2016). Information and organization in public health institutes: an ontology-based modeling of the entities in the reception-analysis-report phases. Journal of Biomedical Semantics 2016 7:51,DOI: 10.1186/s13326-016-0095-8
- Contalbrigo L., Borgo S., Pozza G., Ravarotto L. (2012).“No caring without data sharing”: an ontological approach to improve the data management system of a research animal facility in a public veterinary institute. BCLAS/ESLAV/ECLAM Symposium 2012, Liege (FR), 15-16 October 2012
- Borgo, G. Pozza. (2012). Knowledge objects: a formal construct for material, information and role dependences. Knowledge Management Research & Practice, 10, 227-236, 2012
- Borgo, S., Pozza, G., (2009). Disentangling Knowledge Objects. 4th Workshop on Formal Ontologies Meet Industry – Vicenza, 2 Settembre 2009, Proceedings, pp. 90 – 101
- Pozza, G., Borgo, S., Ravarotto, L., (2009). From Data to Knowledge Objects, Ontological Considerations With Inputs From the Public Health Domain – 10th European Conference on Knowledge Management – Vicenza, 3-4 Settembre 2009, Proceedings, pp. 635 – 641