|Department||SCS3 – Diagnostic services, histopathology, parasitology|
|Phone||+39 049 8084447|
Claudia Zanardello is a veterinary researcher in the Laboratory of Histopathology of the Istituto Zooprofilattico Sperimentale delle Venezie (IZSVe).
She has a degree in Veterinary medicine (University of Padua, 2009) and holds postgraduate degree in Breeding, hygiene, disease control of aquatic species and related products (University of Padua, 2012). In 2014, she attended a course of Avian and exotic pet pathology (University of Utrecht) and a residency at the Institute of Animal Pathology, University of Bern (laboratory rodents’ pathology).
She is primarily dedicated to avian and exotic pet pathology. Thanks to the Tumour Registry of dogs and cats of the Venice and Vicenza provinces, she is involved in histopathology diagnosis of domestic animals with interest in veterinary oncology. She is also involved in the histological evaluation of target organs for the detection of illegal treatments with growth promoters in beef cattle.
She collaborates with the National reference Centre for avian influenza and Newcastle disease of the IZSVe and with the other Istituti Zooprofilattici especially for the activity related to the standardization of histological method as indirect biomarker of illicit treatment in beef cattle.
She is author and coauthor of scientific publications, including peer-reviewed journals, national publications and national and international conferences.
- Ravagnan S., Carli E., Piseddu E., Da Rold G., Porcellato E., Zanardello C., Carminato A., Vascellari M., Capelli G. (2017). Prevalence and molecular characterization of canine and feline hemotropic mycoplasmas (hemoplasmas) in northern Italy. Parasites & Vectors. 10:132
- Zanardello C., Capello K., Stella R., Biancotto G., Vascellari M. (2017). Semiquantitative immunohistochemical detection of progesterone receptors in male accessory sex glands as a screening assay for anabolic steroid use in bulls. Journal of Veterinary Diagnostic Investigation, Vol. 29(1) 35-40
- Tavella A., Stefani A., Zanardello C., Bettini A., Gauly M., Zanolari P. (2016). Dystrophic mineralization of the arterial fibrovascular tissue associated with a vitamin D hypervitaminosis in an 8-year-old female Alpaca (Vicugna pacos). Irish Veterinary Journal. 69:19
- Salvadori C., Rocchigiani G., Lazzarotti C., Formenti N., Trogu T., Lanfranchi P., Zanardello C., Citterio C., Poli A. (2016). Histological lesions and cellular response in the skin of alpine chamois (Rupicapra r. rupicapra) spontaneously affected by sarcoptic mange. BioMed Research International Volume 2016, Article ID 3575468, 8
- Vascellari M., Capello K., Carminato A., Zanardello C., Baioni E., Mutinelli F. (2016). Incidence of mammary tumors in the canine population living in the Veneto region (Northeastern Italy): Risk factors and similarities to human breast cancer. Preventive Veterinary Medicine 126: 183-189
- Turchetto S., Ustulin M., Citterio C.V., Zanardello C., Vascellari M., Vio D., Conedera G., Milone N.M., Cocchi M. (2015). Phenotypic features and phylogenetic background of extraintestinal hemolytic Escherichia coli responsible of mortality in puppies. Veterinary Microbiology, 179 (1-2):126-130
- Patrono L.V., Bonfante F., Zanardello C., Terregino C., Capua I., Murcia P.R. (2015). Phylogenetically distinct equine influenza viruses show different tropism for the swine respiratory tract. Journal of General Virology, 96: 969–974
- Bonfante F., Fusaro A., Zanardello C., Patrono L.V., De Nardi R., Maniero S., Terregino C. (2014). Lethal nephrotropism of an H10N1 avian influenza virus stands out as an atypical pathotype. Veterinary Microbiology 173: 189–200
- Cassini R., Mulatti P., Zanardello C., Simonato G., Signorini M., Cazzin S., Tambalo P.G., Cobianchi M., Pietrobelli M., Capelli G. (2014). Retrospective and spatial analysis tools for integrated surveillance of cystic echinococcosis and bovine cysticercosis in hypo-endemic areas. Geospatial Health 8(2): 509-515
- Geurden T., Hoste H., Jacquiet P., Traversa D., Sotiraki S., Frangipane di Regalbono A., Tzanidakis N., Kostopoulou D., Gaillac C., Privat S., Giangaspero A., Zanardello C., Noé L., Vanimisetti B., Bartram D. (2014). Anthelmintic resistance and multidrug resistance in sheep gastro-intestinal nematodes in France, Greece and Italy. Veterinary Parasitology, 201: 59–66