The European union reference laboratory (EURL) for avian influenza and Newcastle Disease organizes an interlaboratory proficiency testing (PT) to analyze the quality of results.
The EURL AI/ND will also provide the National reference laboratories (NRLs) for AI/ND from European Union Member States with the panels to take part in the exercise.
Participation is free of charge.
The PT EURL 2019 process contains the following steps:
- Application – an official invitation will be sent via email.
- PT samples – a set of coded blind samples will be shipped to all participating laboratories. Full details about the panel(s), together with instructions on reconstitution, storage and results datasheets will be communicated via email.
- Analysis – the samples should be tested under normal routine test conditions.
- Reporting of results –results obtained by each laboratory will be reported by email using the results datasheets.
- Statistical analysis – results submitted by the participants will be evaluated and analysed statistically.
- Final report – upon reception and analysis of PT results, a coded final report will be sent to all participants.
- Confidentiality – laboratories will be attributed a unique and confidential code. All results will be reported using this code to allow participants to verify their own results and discreetly compare them to the expected results and to those of the other participants.
Responsible for the proficiency testing
Director of European Reference laboratory for avian influenza e Newcastle disease
Tel. +39 049 8084377
Technical reference point and coordinator of the EU NRLs proficiency testing activities
Morgane Gourlaouen | firstname.lastname@example.org
Tel. +39 049 8084384